To the movies with a guy friend is it consider cheating?

If I have a boyfriend

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• That is basicly just a date. Chances are your male friend is interested in you sexually. Asking your man to trust you to the point where you are dating other men that want to sleep with you is unreasonable.

If your man was about to go on a date with a woman you knew was hoping to sleep with him chances are you wouldn't feel okay with that either.

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless, you're hiding it, or have hidden intentions it is not cheating. I go to the movies all of time, my husband doesn't like some movies I would like to see. 🐥

What Guys Said 9

• It's borderline here. Said friend could get the wrong idea. And if your boyfriend happens to not know about it that makes things even worse

• Nope not at all is it cheating but your boyfriend would and will view it that way.. if he is not at least asked to go with you.. you then say to him if he can't go well I am going to the movies with some friends.. do it that way.. and to me there is.. No harm.. No foul

• No if you have told your boyfriend about it and you and your friend are not doing anything inappropriate behind your bfs back then It is not cheating...

If you are just going to the movie and wavering between you and him I'd platonic then it's not cheating.. :-)

But if you are flirting or responding to his flirting then it's cheating..

• Why would you go to the movies with a guy instead of your boyfriend?

• Nope. There could be many reasons as to why your at the movies with him. Your boyfriend could be out of town, you and the other friend is really close and both have really wanted to see that movie while your boyfriend doesn't. As long as you act as I it is just two friends hanging out then your fine

• What does your boyfriend think?

• No but its a step in the wrong direction.

• Nope it would be cool with me

• It really depends and i would consider it cheating if u did not tell me or ur boyfriend

What Girls Said 8

• Going to a movie with a friend is not cheating. If a boyfriend wants to get huffy about it, you need to start seriously thinking about his motivations. Is he trying to control you or isolate you? Is he limiting your social contacts?

• If you have to ask, it probably was.

• It all depends on what your boyfriend thinks. I would ask him his opinion on it before going out and doing it. If he has an issue with it, I would maybe bring a girlfriend too just so you guys aren't alone together. I think asking your boyfriend would save any confusion or arguments in the future :)

• No, because you guys were friends before weren't you? No harm done unless he's trying to romantically pursue you

• Umm No? You guys haven't fu**ed...

• It's not cheating. As long as your boyfriend knows what's going on you should be okay. Just remember to think about how you would feel if your boyfriend did the same thing.

• Why would it be? He's a guy friend, I hang out with my guy friends all the time...

• if your lie or don't say it to your boyfriend it's cheating