Has Anyone Ever Tried to Set You Up (on a Date)?

With a person you didn't know previously (because the person who set you guys up thought you'd look cute together or w/e)? How did it turn out?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been set up numerous times when I was single. Besides the fact that I have severe social anxiety disorder, I have always felt like I was with someone else's guy, or friend and they didn't belong with me because I had never met them before. It wasn't too much their fault, they showed interest in me. It was me partially.

Most Helpful Guy

• Twice. First time was with a really cute and nice girl, thought it might work out. However, my car got towed after I had offered to take her home and that kind of left a bad impression I guess.
    The second time was with another girl, in another country. She wasn't quite as pretty... fat and with a lot of piercings and tattoos. Thought I'd give her a chance anyway. We went bowling, I suck at bowling. She made fun of me for that (and not in a flirty way) and made it clear that she didn't like me at all.
    And then, my friends just sort of gave up I think.

What Girls Said 11

• That happened once. It was honestly the worst dating experience I've ever had and I'm never trusting her to choose a date again. I really wish I were kidding. D:

My mom's constantly trying to set me up on dates as well (I don't cooperate), and the guys she chooses aren't as bad as the one my friend chose, but they're definitely not compatible with me either. Like they're good people, but I have no idea why my mom thinks we have anything in common, haha.

• They tried. It never happened. I hate when friends do that because you and the other person has one common interest. "Hey! You like japanese animation, right? So does he!" This happened to me twice from two different friends. -_-

• Yes and it ended up terribly.

• yes and they always fail

• My friend's have horrible taste to be honest

• Yeah a while ago my friend tried to set me up with a guy... but I didn't find the guy attractive, so I didn't show up :P

• It's common go on group dates over here, I've followed my friends before but somehow it turned out bad (゚o゚;

• Nobody has set me up on a date before.

• Nope and if it did happen it would work I am way too picky.

• Yeah my friend tried to set me up with her friend one time but I declined

• My friend sets me up all the time with guys he thinks I will like and it never ends well. 🙄

What Guys Said 13

• I have been set up twice... first time I ended up dating the girl for 5 months and she is a wonderful girl just had different life goals... second time, I just we out this past week and it was the best/most fun date I have ever gone on... went for lunch Christmas Eve but she works 9 hours away so I don't know how it will continue but I would do the distance

• It happened to me a few times when I was younger, and I turned them all down. I'm not a big advocate of blind dates. It's like walking into the amazon blind folded, and asking to not stop for 2 miles. You may end up at the city of gold, or you might end up in an anacondas nest.

• Yes. My old boss did. He bugged me for a year about this girl he knew. I kept saying no. So he gave her my number and she called and asked me out. I reluctantly said yes. That was a mistake. She was nowhere near my type and just mimicked my answers to questions.

• It has happened to me may times my friends don't get why I'm single. At the start It was alright get chatting tell her I'm not interested

Then when weddings came along +1 pressure kicked in because they wanted me to be a nice "couple"

But it all stopped when I said I will ruin your big day if it happened again ☺

• Id always hang out with a group of friends and in that group was one of my close friends who happened to be a girl. All my friend in the groups thought we'd be cute together, but we didn't see it. Then one day, one of my friends uses my phone to "call their parents since theirs was dead" and ended up texting her and seeing if she'd like to go out sometime. She responded turning me down and I had to explain it wasn't me asking her. Luckily she didn't accept cuz then I wouldn't know what to do

• yah this girl who was drunk af was trying to set me up with her friend, but I was like nty ur too drunk LOL

• Just because one of your boyfriends cheated on you doesn't mean others will he wasn't the right boy for you

• Yes and it ended in divorce, so I won't be making that mistake again. lol

• Yup. many have but lately one has been trying very hard as the girl's his sister lol

• Bro, isn't that against bro code (to date your bro's sister)? I don't know if you can do that

• It's more of a personal choice. Sister's interested in me and he's fine with that...

We all have our own point of views..🙂

• Yes, we talked for a bit, didn't actually date but remained very good friends

• Yes. It didn't turn out well, unfortunately. I forgot what happened, but something her mom said or did that got things awkward and ended up just not working out.

• Yes, they tried, with some ugly girl, but I managed to find my way out of the problem :P

• One time it led to a nice (from my POV anyway) friends with benefits situation. The other times not so much.