If you had an online relationship with someone and it turned out they were using a fake profile picture, would you carry on talking to them?

So if in a hypothetical situation you had met someone online and had formed an online relationship but you found out they were use a fake profile picture, would you continue the relationship and would you continue talking to them?

And when asked about it they insist it is them but you know for a fact it isn't them.

Most Helpful Girl

• No! I can't stand the liars1

• I HATE LIARS! Esp online! Like everything you tell me better be legit! I don't lie to you! You don't lie to me! I am always open with my feelings! Sometimes I try to hide my feeling when I care to much! haha

• Lol, I don't lie to people, I think lying is just completely counter productive and in the long run they'll find out

• i know! I think its just stupid!

Most Helpful Guy

• With the update you added my answer would be no damned way would I continue to talk to them. If you had not added the update and they had confessed to me on their own that the pic was not them I prolly would have continued on with them but would have been very cautious of trusting them for a while

What Girls Said 9

• No.

I don't enjoy the company of liars.

• well i wouldn't get into a relationship with someone online anyway. but in that situation, i'm not sure if i'd keep talking or not, kind of depends on the level of attachment.

• Fuck no, that's a shitty thing to do. I could never trust them again.

• No. That's a liar right there.

This is why I don't ever wanna online date. Too many catfish horror stories.

• No I wouldn't

• That's called lying. I don't fuck with liars.

• No, who knows who they can be. They're just someone you found online so they can say whatever they want behind a screen. Who knows what else they're lying about

• No it's a catfish 😬

• Depends how they used the photo, if they only had shown one photo and hadn't pushed or pressured you in to pictures, and also if they showed their real selves. But what's the point of an online relationship when you can go meet REAL people who can't lie about their face.

What Guys Said 11

• Of course not. Might as well lie about their age or even gender.

• I wouldn't get in an online relationship with someone before I've seen them on video chat.

• It depends... Do I found that out myself? Or do they tell me?

• nope. they're not honest

• LOLOLOLOLOL

• No.

Filler

• If still talk to them unless they lied about their personality too. I'd end the relationship, but hope to still be friends. Friends are when people get along and can have fun together so as long as she didn't lie about her personality we an be friends. Nothing more

• In b4 Neid from catfish shows up lol

• This is the premise of every Catfish episode.

• no, they can't be trusted

• No... wtf?