Would you ever date a cheater?

Would you ever date someone who has cheated on someone else?

• Yes I would
  • No I wouldn't

Most Helpful Guy

• If I ever know that a girl cheated, I'm out immediately, I'm not risking being the next one, and I don't buy the "we all change" bullshit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes... I married a man who had been married once before, had cheated on his first wife, got caught, and she divorced him. Cheating can be a mistake, or it can be a lifestyle. If the person has genuine remorse, and has narrowed down why they cheated and came to terms with it, they can move on and not do it again. "Cheater" is a label, just like "liar". Everyone has told at least one little lie in their lives, but we don't run around calling them liars. It can be something they did; it doesn't have to define who they are.

What Guys Said 31

• i'd have to get to know them very well as friends. i'd want to see if they still seemed to have some of the traits that lend to cheating. i'd talk to them about their past and just inquire about what is different about them now and then when they were a cheater

i've been cheated on twice so i'd be very wary about entering into a relationship wiht a girl i know cheated but if i really liked her and saw a lot of potential i'd give her a shot as a friend and see how things went

• Cheaters almost always cheat again. Nothing, and I don't just mean in relationships, I mean universally, NOTHING is more important than loyalty.
    There might be exceptions, people who I feel have learned from the wrong they did and would not repeat it, but generally speaking, if I'm in a relationship, it is a 100% commitment to the other person, and if they have a history of cheating, I will always be burdened with the fear that I was devoted to someone who was not similarly devoted to me.

• Not ever. If they cheated on someone before they would likely do it to me. Not worth the risk

• most of the times you dont know if they ever did they won't tell you

• People can change, but rarely do people change significantly in adulthood.

So, almost certainly, I would not date a past cheater.

• lol no girl will tell you this anyways. I think girls have a cheating chip and they just format it at their convenience, no guilt, no remorse or anything. Luckily, you usually find out eventually, be other sources or whatever. And the best thing is to bail out asap. Cheaters are also compulsive liars, not good traits at all.

• No but they will lie to you when new so we will never know if they have done that in there past

• I would at least live them the chance but I wouldn't count my blessings until we'd been together for a whilewhile

• I have cheated and to be honest i wouldn't date a cheater, most people don't change... so my advice is don't.

• That's a bit hypocritical don't you think? You are saying you wouldn't date a cheater yet you cheated and you want someone who won't cheat but you as a cheater yourself you are saying you won't change

• That was actually a pretty interesting story, Queencuntface is a bitch...

What happened to your girlfriend in your homeland? why wasn't she talking to you?

• @WhateverMayBeWillBe Basically her family were in dept with a lot of money and her parents tried to force my girlfriend at the time to do some bad stuff which she didn't want to do.
      She ran away to live with her grandmother in the middle of nowhere for 2 months with a 90's TV and a landline leading only to the city but her parents eventually found her and she ran away again, only this time to become homeless until me and my parents returned.

• It may be the unpopular opinion, but I don't see why not. As long as they truly, 100 percent regret what they did, and know they were wrong, I don't see why they should be marked for life.

Maybe I'm just being naïve, but that's what I think.

• Judging by the downvotes on other comments, I'd say some poor girl was cheated on recently :/

• I, too, am an idealist but 60 years of experience have taught me a few things. People are CAPABLE of changing, but very few actually will change. Very few people will be as idealistic as you and your love will not make someone be a better person. Those are all sad truths, but they are truths.

• @OlderAndWiser, I'll take your word on that. I'll just have to hope I never end up in a situation that involves me deciding to take on someone who has cheated in the past.

• I've dated a cheater and broke that habit sadly along with her heart :3

• Nah I can't deal with cheating BS.

• That's a pretty big breach of trust... Honestly, there's a small chance that I would if I knew the person well and got the full story, but who the hell would I get the full story from? From the cheater? The one would got cheated on? The one she cheated with? I'm not liking any of these opinions.

• Probably not.

• No, dishonesty, can't have that

• eh I'd try to avoid it... they cheated once and might do it again.

• Never, I'm very very strict about this. If I'm trying to date a 35 years old woman who only cheated once when she was 16, I would still walk away. I have absolutely no cheating in my history and deserve the same.

• No way. I've been cheated on in the past, so I don't want to relive that; it's possibly one of the most degrading and humiliating things somebody can go through.

• by the time you hit my age everyone you date is a cheater or has cheated

• No I'll pass.

• The ones that would are probably those who have cheated...

• Nope I would not... I don't care if they claim that they have changed.. I don't trust them

• I wouldn't date a cheater. I would date someone who has cheated on someone else. They might be a way different person now.

• why not? i dated a leopard once and a tiger

• My last girlfriend cheated on me within a month of us starting college and we were 3 hours away from each other. Dated for about 4 months.

• No.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

• I hate dishonesty and not really looking for drama ATM or in far future.

• Yes. That's how I got my girlfriend.

• Once a cheater, always one.

• hell no. A cheater will always cheat again.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 23

• It would depend on the circumstance and how long ago it was. People can change. I'm not going to hold it against a guy that he cheated on his girlfriend of 6 months when he was a freshman in college, and now he's 33 and has never cheated since.

Has he cheated in the recent past? On his wife? Did he try to cheat on his significant other with me? I may fall in love with a man like this, but commit to them? The jury is out.

• I like how there are 28 opinions so far, and ZERO of them have considered their *own* history of cheating. I suppose they're all saints.
    (:

Would I have a problem with someone who has...
    ... Fucked around, then told the truth about it? No.
    ... Lied? Yes.

• Right? Love the zero tolerance from all these people. Like you said, I guess they are all saints. I know I'm not perfect, so I don't expect my man to be, either. Requiring transparency and honesty in a relationship is a lot more realistic than coming in with the expectation of a perfect track record. Ridiculous expectations are part of what causes so many relationships to crumble.

• @MargaritaPeach so being faithful is an unrealistic expectation?

• @Trotters No, faithfulness is a reasonable expectation. I tend to require it of my partners. But excluding people and dismissing them based on their past without knowing the circumstances surrounding the infidelity seems a bit harsh. People do tend to learn and grow from their mistakes.

• Would you ever date a cheater?
    A. Yes I would

I'm a heterosexual gal so I'd be dating males and in my opinion most males are cheaters or cheaters-in-waiting. So dating a confirmed cheater is a non issue to me since in my view he is just the typical guy or did what the typical guy would do.

• Wow, completely false and a bullshit generalization.

I've known 2 guys (my friends) who have cheated but almost all my friends past GF's cheated on them and for some that was the reason why they broke up.

Hell my 4 closest friends GF's cheated on them.

• @WhateverMayBeWillBe
      "The down-votes to your post also show that I'm not alone when it comes to your opinion"
      I'm really unsure why you think I'd care that others disagree with my opinion. Others agreeing or disagreeing has no relevance to me or makes an opinion more valid or less invalid. What was the purpose in stating this? Did you think I was unaware that others may hold different opinions than me? Did you think I was some kind of follower and would change my opinions to what seems to be the majority?

"The disloyal & dishonest can be found in both sexes - not just one more than the other."
      That's your opinion as you don't know if it's not just one more than the other. Unless you have credible factual proof of this.

• @WhateverMayBeWillBe "do you have proof that most woman cheat or don't cheat? No? " I'm unsure why you're asking me this as nowhere in this discussion did I make any claims or state any opinions about female infidelity. This seems to be an evasion tactic or a tangent probably due to your assuming me stating my opinion that most guys are cheaters/potential cheaters means that I'm also stating most gals aren't cheaters/potential cheaters. I find most guys tend to do this correlation where stating something about guys must mean I'm stating something about gals as well.

• I wouldn't. It would bother me knowing if they were able to do so in the past then they shouldn't have trouble cheating on me too.

• I wouldn't want to date someone who's cheated, but who knows if I would without knowing since that's not something people readily admit to.

• This question is very tricky. Of course i wouldn't date a cheater, but the real question could be how can i Know my guy is or could be a cheater.

• I'd rather avoid it.
    I have bad enough trust issues as it is.

• My ex is trying to lure me into an affair and I've declined all offers, a cheater just doesn't stop at one person on the side they'll be more than one and who wants STDS nowadays... leave the cheater where it is with the rats

• I was the other girl, and I developed feelings for the guy that I was the other girl for. But despite those feelings, I knew I would NEVER ever want to date him. Because I know first hand what a disrespectful dickbag he is.

• No... but i doubt the guys gonna tell me that he cheated!

• No. I wouldn't be able to trust him.

• They say once a cheater, always a cheater. And it doesn't seem very likely that they would change. If I found out that a potential interest was a cheater at all, I would need to be out and run quick. If we weren't dating yet then it would feel a bit better, I'd just stop talking to them and be careful. I'd hope I'd find out before going out

• it depends people cheat for different reasons

some cheat to have sex with others , others cheat because there is no sex in their relationship

cheat emotionally because there is no communication from their lover

it all depends why

• Yeah, it doesn't mean they'll cheat on me too.

• someone who once cheated in their past, sure. someone who cheated recently, absolutely not.

• Been there, done that. Never again

• Nope. Clearly they aren't against cheating.

• No I wouldn't, I don't trust people that cheat and I don't date people I don't trust.

• Once a cheater always a cheater

• Nope. Red flag right there.

• Once a cheater, always a cheater.

• Once a cheater, always a cheater.

• Even if he truly feels remorse, I'd end up making his life a living hell, so no I wouldn't.