What do you think about long distance relationships?

If you ever be committed to one, would you take the chance and give it a try? What are your takes on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been in two of them the first one started with someone that moved away, and the second was distance from the start, honestly they aren't as hard as people make em out to be and funny enough when those two ended the distance actually wasn't the reason.

As long as you have communication, contact, trust and actually give it your all you'll be fine.

Honestly though I didn't ever think I would be getting into a third one, but my situation at the moment has me working towards that again lol.

Remember though the distance plays a small part in it but what makes or breaks a long distance relationship is the people in them, they determine whether or not it succeed or fails, never let anyone tell you differently.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am currently in one, and I can say, although it is hard... I am very happy as it gives you a lot of "me" time to focus on yourself, discover new hobby's and aids you in working on your communication skill with your partner. Also, your scheduling becomes amazing. Time management becomes amazing and you learn lots of things about your relationship you probably would've never learned being together in the same country/place. it's a fascinating but difficult journey that requires an immense amount of trust and self control really.

• Out of all the feedback, this seems to be positive for me. I like that "me" time and the other things to discover! Most people would rather spend their day with SO most of the time but sometimes individual progress is important too! Being optimistic as an individual and from then on that is where you are capable with handling things like this. I like your positivity. Therefore, MHO! Thank you!

What Guys Said 31

• It takes special, REALLY committed people to make these work, and VERY rarely would it work for teens...

But if you have the experience of life to put up with a long separation, it will help bond you together more firmly and can be a wonderful experience.

• True that and thanks for the feedback!

• I have done it... flew back once a month... yeah i mean it kinda sucks but for the right girl, I would do it in a heartbeat... live life with no regrets and go for it! Only reason that relationship didn't work out was due to life goal differences... we made it work though but it did take a lot of effort... I say go for it because you will always ask yourself what if?

• My fiancĂ©e and I live 1000 miles apart, and we're getting married late next year.

• Given that I'm involved in one I'd say I'm okay with them.

• I was once in a long distance relationship. Never again.

No matter how much you love someone, its gonna end eventually. And the road leading up to the end is gonna tear yor heart out every damn day. Its just not worth it. If its all gonna end anyway, I'd rather break it off (hopefully on good terms), and avoid the heartache and wasted time.

The only situation i can see a long distance relationship working out is of you've been together for a LONG time, and are only going to be apart for a very small amount of time compared to the time you've been together.

• can I ask what made it end in ur case?

• What did you want the most in relationship that ldr couldnt gave you?

• The physical aspects. Sure i can message her and Skype her and hangout. But i can't have sex with her, we can't cuddle, we can't hold hands, we can't kiss, etc.

• If you're really into the person and you'll do any good for them then the long distance is so worth it.

• never had one and not what I'm looking for, but if it happens... I'm willing to try

• I've taken the risk and it worked only cause I helped my girl friends sister find her way to her art teacher/advisor ^w^. It was her sisters college art club trip.(challenging thing is the sister is mute but can write 5 languages. And I confused the sister for my LDR partner cause they are twins -.- one is mute and the other can talk :3 )

My girlfriend and I still tease her sister. (Girlfriend moved via green card/legally to my country.)

• Green card? Loool. Probably some other womens' goal to get that

• Where did she came from? Sounds fun haha

• She's from Seoul, south Korea. Half Korean half Japanese.

• I have tried once, it was a massive failure, but not sure if it was really the long distance that was the problem...
    Currently I am seeking a relationship with a girl who lives in another country, but I am willing to go extra mile for her...

• Looks like you need to be dedicated and ready for this. If you are, good luck buddy!

• I don't see the point unless it's a temporary continuation of an established relationship. In-person interaction is vitally important.

• if i fell in love or felt a strong connection than yes

• From experience, I'm mixed about it. Personally one didn't work out for me, but I'm trying it again with another gal.

If you can truly make it work, then great and best of luck to you.
    commitment is the key here.

• I just got off one and it is really shitty. First and foremost the initmacy (yes sex) and other factors like going out and holding hands is super important. Plus not only that but the fact that you don't know what the other person is doing: It is very easy to cheat and the other person to never know about it.

• how to fuck u put dick in pussy over such distance? There're Jamals and Tyrones, but it's a challenge even for them...

• Poor you that Jamal and Tyrone got your mouth stitched. 2 dicks in your mouth must have been hard for you.

• they're almost as pointless as online dating

• Eh I think they're wicked difficult to manage. Even if both people involved are awesome, the odds are against them.

• You may never know yeah, but thanks!

• Complete waste of time

• It looks like you're the type who craves for skinship? Thank you

• I think it's very romantic. However, they are harder to maintain... I would venture.

• I think it is romantic, even if there's gonna be limited time to be together. What makes it harder to maintain? Thanks for the feedback

• Being self-aware, I know that wouldn't work out for me.

• What do you want the most in a relationship that ldr couldnt afford to give it?

• Lol everything. Physical touch, close communication, trust, openness, seeing each other often, intimacy, basically everything in a relatinoship lol

• I respect the people who can make it work

• tried twice. I gave it 110%.

first girl cheated on me.
    second girl didn't care enough to want to make it work.

honestly, long distance isn't worth it if you aren't committed to seeing each other ASAP

• I was in one for two months, they were the happiest two months of my life. But she broke up with me unfortunately :/

It was great while it lasted but it would have been better to be in real life. But I will say don't expect it to be easy

• Yes, I don't think it would be easy IF you want to be there often with the SO. Sad to hear she was the one who broke up. Thanks for the feedback and cheer up buddy.

• I've tried them. They've all failed don't do it unless it's temporary or you date local then they happen to move.

• my friend had a long distance relationship but he broke up with her becuz it hurt too much every time she left and didn't want to deal with that anymore

• It will fail 99 percent of the time if your exclusive with each other. So when your together in person you see only each other, when your apart you don't ask questions

• I'd try one. Or two. Or any number of times really.

• I try it. This is not working

• I've tried, it doesn't work ; /

• What did you want the most in relationship that ldr couldn't gave you?

• hugging her, to be with her. We both felt sooo connected, like a women of my dreams, but LDR doesn't work

• I think they are great because you can go out and fuck other women and get away with it. I know a guy that had 2 girlfriends that didn't know about eachother for a year, he is my fucking idol

• lol u need to find better idols to look after :P

• May he lives in misery of loneliness for the rest of his life. "Douchebag" is entitled to him.

• I committed to one before and the only cool thing about it is some nudes because it's a big lie and can't happen most of the times. Either one of these couples is lonely maggot who is seeking attention or both just wanna try something new.

• Nudes? Sound like an immature 14~17 year old boys and girls in Omegle and kik. Not my kind of good relationship. "Lonely maggot" got me rofl.

• I think best way is to meet physically tho. Thanks for your feedback!

• Yes exactly! and if you trust them enough, how about a Skype meeting before moving to real life? that will lower the awkwardness.
      You welcome :)

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 37

• I met my husband at an airport. Bad weather, cancelled flight. We split a room, we fell in lust, we fell in love.

Wrong order. "We fell in lust" comes before "We split a room."
    (;

Ahem.

Anyway. We had about 14 hours together, and then we had a LDR for about a year. We saw each other every 1-2 months.

It was not difficult at all. We both are, and always have been, very very busy people. I missed him, more than I thought I could miss someone, but I had $hit to do, yo.

And OMG THE SEXXXXXXXXXX WHEN WE SAW EACH OTHER OMG OMG OMG.
    Yeah.
    The second time we saw each other, we made the mistake of making it a "getaway" in a city we hadn't seen before (as opposed to his place or my place). Yeeeeaaaahhh, we went there, and we didn't really escape the hotel. End of.

I dunno. Everyone says LDR's are so hard. What? No. Wasn't hard. Not for me anyway.

I think part of it boils down to the fact that I do well spending time alone. I'm fundamentally an extrovert, but I'm also a nerd, and I can't really pursue nerdy things in the company of others.
    During that year, I got good at a bunch of things that require practice and have to be alone (e. g., sewing leather bags).

Also, I was just really busy. Sometimes it was totally convenient to have all of the boyfriend time crammed into 4 days every six weeks.

Eh.

No regrets. Best thing ever.

Would recommend to friends. (;

• I am on a long distance relationship and i am happy.. of course i miss him but we talk every day on camera so thats really helpful... also i have the chance to study hard and to be concentrated on my homework. .. We spend months away from each other because he studies abroad but when he returns we are every single day together... Distance relationships show the real love there is between two people and if it lasts then nothing can bring it down... Of course its veeeery hard, thats why You have to be a patient person , faithful, confident and you must trust your partner! This relationships dont always have happy endings (maybe like 50% or less that it can be accomplished) but Both of us trust our feelings and we hope that they won't change!

• I'm in one right now and even, if it can be REALLY HARD sometimes, the person would be definitely worth it, I have been in a past LDR as well, which was my first relationship, but it failed ( this is my second relationship and its also a LDR like I said ) ... After my first one failed I nearly swore I won't got back to that kind of relationships, I didn't even want a close relationship until 2 years... But then a friend of mine who I also met on gag was with me through my break up, we were just friends.. But slowly things changed.. My current boyfriend had a bad experience too, and he also didn't want to have a LDR again, but after we met, things changed 😁 we said we will give it a try... So yeah, I would take the risk ❤

• I've never had a true relationship that was official as of yet but I've dated and I've had "serious" flings with men who have live 1000 or more miles away from me. I like the distance part to an extent- it's nice loving someone from afar in a sense. All of my long distance relationships have inspired me in some way I feel like. They've all been decent guys but eventually you need to see your partner and things just get complicated. I drifted with the two guys I was dating online kinda but we can talk whenever. It's a different dynamic, you appreciate the person every second because you know how far they are. It's kinda interesting how much affection you can show despite living hundreds of miles apart. It's interesting. But tough.

• True that and thanks for your feedback!

• I tried being in a LDR before with someone in the UK and it was not easy. I guess I gave myself false hopes. It really was not easy at all. The time zones were off, we couldn't be physically there with each other, our schedules didn't match up, etc. In the end he just couldn't take it anymore and thought we were wasting time. I knew it reality I could've been dating someone much closer to me-someone I could have a legit relationship with. Unless he moved here or I moved there, chances of the relationship working out are very slim.

• I've done it before, but it started with 2 years of in-person dating before that. But I think eventually it didn't work, seems like he fell for someone else and/or couldn't care enough to keep it going.

Was pretty hurtful and tiring.

Nonetheless, 3 years after that I met someone while traveling. We managed to date a little while both were in the same continent, but he's permanently left to another continent within 4 months time. I would've given everything to make things work with him, as I felt a lot for him, but it seems like he's one of those who must date intimately and so we broke it off.

Fast forward a year since he left and I still miss him.

Truth to be told, LDRs are hard. No one says it's easy, but it really takes two who's committed enough to make it work. If you ever come across one, don't dismiss just yet, instead feel lucky that your relationship can be put to test. If it fails, sure, it hurts, but it's part and parcel of being in love.

• I am in one

And what I can say is: b patient, b patient, b patient!

haha we have great times together, but when things are busier, patience, trust and faith is deffinitely needed.

If the right people are involved, it can work

• So how long have you been with him?

• Haha yes I'm considering because real life relationship didn't work for me. Every guy I met is either picky or judgmental about me :'(

• oh

I'm sorry to hear that

• Yes, I did the long distance thing. Skype works wonders. We played hangman, tic tac toe, watched movies, and read to each other over Skype. Also, writing long love letters four times a day helps. Email makes the connection quick. No need for snail mail, and long distance rates. Skype and emailing is free,

• Depends on the situation. If the person moves away, then yes but I wouldn't start a relationship with someone I dont know in person, in my opinion, is really hard to get to know someone if u are not physically together, everyone can be nice online, u have time to think about what u wanna say and stuff, so is easy to say the right things.

• True that and thank you for your feedback!

• I wished they worked often! @archiz <3 I am sorry! Love me! LOVE ME DAMN IT!

• Would never bother with one. It just seems like a lot of heart ache and a high likelihood of getting hurt. You can't really get to know someone that intimately when you hardly spend time together, even if you do spend a lot of time on the phone or chatting online - it's not the same as face-to-face contact. Also, because you're away from each other most of the time, and we all have physical needs, I think it's much more likely that one of you will cheat.

• As for you, do you think intimate is very important for relationship?

• Absolutely, yes.

• As long as it's a real relationship, where you started together locally and do get the chance to be together at least sporadically. If it's just an Internet relationship (never actually together in person) that some people call ldr, I wouldn't put much weight in that.

• I'm not opposed to them and would be willing to try.

• They rarely work.. too much patience is needed.. there is strong chance that one gets bored.. we all need a bit of intimacy after all..

• currently involve with long distance relationship, i admit it it's hard at first, but we're almost a year now, i can say that distance doesn't matter, when the person is meant so much to you.

Communication is the key, we'll call and text everyday to update whatever happens in our daily life - using Viber, Whassap, FB Messenger, facetime, email.. everything. I had past relationship which is not long distance, but we were argued all the time. but in current relationship, we're happy, trust each other and have no issues at all. He makes me happier and the feeling whenever the planned date is coming, seeing his face in the airport, my heart will jumps just like the first time we saw each other. the feeling is amazing... and yes of course we missed each other so much. Plan the future- moving together or marriage, that's the goal so that this relationship is worth it

• I don't think I could ever pull it off. I'm quite an intimate person and for me real physical contact is very important. I need to really talk to the person, look at his eyes, hear his voice and be able to touch him. Chatting never works for me. Not even with friends so it's definitely not something for me.

• Im open to it but its something im very cautious with.

• Yes cus you may never know what he/she did off screen :/

• I guess u just have to trust him a lot. Youd have to somehow believe him when he says he only has eyes for u.

• Im completely against long distance relationship and by that i mean the people who haven't seen each other before, bc we can't trust anyone on heree even if you talk on Skype you don't even know if he/she's cheating or not, we don't know they're reality, we can only know these things if we get used to each other in real lif, when they're in your entourage.. even for the ones who saw their partner one time these negative things can always be part of long distance relationships

• I really like this guy who lives in another continent. I would say I don't know tbh...

• I personally wouldn't unless there is an 'end goal' of being together after (max) half a year. It'll be too much for me emotionally.

• I'm in one. it's hard sometimes. it CAN work but you have to be REALLY committed to each other.

• It is hard, it would only work if you trust and love each other mine and my partner live 4000 miles apart so it is very hard as sometimes I just want to be next to him and cuddle him but I can't. But my love for him makes me wait for him and be patient. But just don't waste your time on someone who just messes about too much because that's when you know not to trust him or her.

• "Amor de lejos, amor de pendejos".

I think realistically, it doesn't usually work.

• I won't do it. I have been in two long distance relationships and it really isn't worth it. You need in-person interaction. There is no substitute for it.

• I prefer not

• I've been in two. The first one was good for awhile but it ended kinda rough.
    I'm so happy with my LDR now 💚

• For the right person I'd do it in a heartbeat.

• fuuuuuuck no

• no, not at all. normally people forget about their commitment and they start dating other people and why go through that pain never believe in long distance I have yet to see anyone who successfully did it

• But i did witness some tho :(

• I could see the convenience but nah

• More from Girls
    7