How to get a guy I'm not interested in to stop texting me?

There's this guy who is always texting me and I am not interested at him at all so I really want him to stop. Normally in this situation I'd just ignore him or stop responding but he told me that my last boyfriend was cheating on me, so I feel like I can't be rude to him since he saved me from staying with a cheater. Now that he knows that I'm single, it seems like he wants to swoop in. How do I get him to stop texting me without being rude?

Most Helpful Guy

• he told me my last boyfriend was cheating so I need to be nice to him. so you feel that you need to let him invade your space bc he warned you about your cheating bf?
    So if he pulls his dick on you, would you play with it because you don't want to be rude and turn him down?
    Don't be silly! It's not like he risked his life to save yours. Even then, "thank you! I appreciate it!" is more than enough...

If he really likes you and cares for you, he told you about your last boyfriend without any expectations from you towards him (she will sleep with me, she will be my girlfriend, she will... whatever). A nice gesture (if you can call what he did a nice gesture) is not something you do awaiting for the other person to feel forced into anything just because it involves you.

Asking for space is not being rude.

What is he telling you over text? I guess he sometimes asks how you feel and if you feel better and says that some guys are not trustworthy, that he will never do that to a girl he likes... Somewhere along the lines, huh?

You can say "look, jimmy, I appreciate you for telling me what that guy was doing behind my back, but I need some space and time to get my head around this, recover and get over it. "

Make it clear now that you are not interested, otherwise it will only get worse in time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you told him you're not interested in him romantically?

What Guys Said 4

• Tell him your mind is still busy from the last break up and ask to have a little more time to find yourself.

• Why do you want to get rid of him? He is a good friend since he saved you, so keep him!

• Two words:fuck off

• block hit on facebook or if it is phone change sim card.

What Girls Said 2

• You stop texting him!

• We'll what you can do is , when he texts you be like "hey friend " or when he complements you say "your such a good friend " or "you remind me of my brother" he'll get the message , trust me this works and if not lie and say you meet a new guy.