How come the nice guy never gets the girl?

Hi, in my experience I've always treated a lady with respect I buy flowers listen to her and be there for her.
But my relationships never last they tell me how lovely I am and I'm the nicest man thay have ever been with.
It confuses me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Goah i wonder how many guys are victim to this myth...

• Really, you're going to go with it's a myth.
      I disagree it happens to men and women.
      You can try and please someone too much it can be smothering I suppose but I'm no expert that's why I was asking the questions.:)

Most Helpful Guy

• Here is how it is in a nutshell. Girls say they want nice guys but they really want a holes. Guys who treat them like crap, who don't answer their phone calls. UNTIL they start getting old in their late 20's to early 30's. NOW they want you for stability, then they might take half down the road in a divorce. Stop treating them with respect because they don't deserve it. Respect is earned. Don't buy flowers for her. Don't buy ANYTHING. Spend $40 max on dates, optimally nothing. It's counterintuitive but it works and you will get laid. When you mean nice, what does that mean?

What Girls Said 9

• Because his predictability bores her out of her azz and she needs someone who takes it to the next level instead of just relying on the one trait of being nice.

• I'm sure there are nice girls that you wouldn't like to settle down with either. Women like the chase too.

• How come loyal girls never get the guy?
    How come men are always unfaithful?

I'm faithful and romantic and I trusted my exes. But they both still cheated on me.

If you can generalize based on your past experiences, so can I.
    -____-

• Because no one likes push over!

• SELF-PROCLAIMED nice guy wonders why he never gets the girl. SELF-PROCLAIMED. Funny.

• There must be more to the story.. but my advice.. stay nice but don't get boring

• Are you ugly

• hope not. :)

• There's a difference between a lady who is interested in the relationship because of the person (personality, general life story, family, ) versus what the person will give her/has to offer her (money clothes food ). Most people are selfish I feel like and will stay in relationships for the wrong reasons. Just don't be to nice to woman, some of them just like being wined and dined.

• Heyx your obviously giving your values to people who have no right to receive itx there are lots of women out there would love that kind of romance and some who dont so keep your values.. Miss right will come along in the endx

• I would never date a guy who wasn't nice or who didn't respect me. I think it's difficult for most people to find a relationship with someone who genuinely cares about them. I am a nice person but I've been in very unhappy relationships , but they didn't fail because I'm nice.

I'd rather be nice and accept who I am and attract the right person one day, than to change who I am to become what someone else needs. 💗

What Guys Said 11

• It is a myth... I get girls all the time by being nice... being nice and being a pushover are two different things... You can't just suck up and be every girl's beck and call! When I talk with girls, I am very nice but at the same time throw in little cocky/funny comments that really get them smiling/having a good time... The flowers are great but you have to use them at the right times, but as hard as it to admit, it sounds like you are smothering them/making it always about them and that is not how a healthy relationship works

• Ok so you actually ARE a nice guy, not just a little bitch that claims to be a nice guy. I have the most helpful comment ever: I don't know. Real helpful right?

• Lookup the Jenna Marbles youtube clip on her take on "nice guys finishing last"

• Because being nice doesn't make the girls panties wet. And because most so called nice-guys are pushovers.

• I hate to be cliche here but save the romantic gestures untill AFTER you get to know each other it comes off as desparate and no you dont have to be a bad guy just make an effort to get to know her dont over kiss her ass with a 1000 compliments 1 or 2 will do find common things to talk about or do here's the big one PLAN A DATE just make plans and lead the way and HAVE FUN leave BOTH of y'all problems at home or you WILL turn into her bff and she won't see you as dating material good luck keep your head up!

• Nice doesn't equate to wetness. Women like a man not another overly nice pushover who doesn't challenge her.

• I don't know but I know the feeling man good guys finish last

• I have the same problem. It sucks

• because he is a hesitating, withering, presense-less, awkward, lower consciousness, no-social-validation, pedestalising, beta male.

• It's because women are not nice themselves. Society feeds us this idea that only men are capable of the worst and women are innocent. That is just not true. In fact, men are more capable of rational thought. Throw some kids into the mix and that's all that matters to a woman and she will say or do anything as long as it suits herself and her kids whether it is right or wrong.

• Maybe they just weren't sexually attracted to you