Boyfriend doesn't want to see me because of my period?

My boyfriend and I are from different countries. The 2 of January I will go home for 6 months and I wanted to see my boyfriend this weekend but he told me that is better to wait 2 more days until i don't have my period because "It will be sad if we can't have sex the last time that we see each other"

We had a fight because I felt like he is just using me for sex.
Am i overreacting or Am i right to feel this way?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's just a really unhealthy attitude he has about your period. Even if he doesn't want to have sex with you while you're on your period he shouldn't refuse to see you. (And there's nothing wrong with having sex with a girl while she's on her period if she's okay with it. It's not a big deal.) So I just don't understand where he's coming from on this. Periods are a normal part of life.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you're overreacting at all.
    Can you really see yourself becoming long-term with a guy who doesn't want to see you one last time before you leave for 6 months because you 'can't have sex'? Or who is not able to handle something like you being on your period, which is out of your control and something you'll continue to get on the regular for ht most-part for a few more decades?

What Guys Said 7

• it sounds to me like he is using you for sex. i mean this is lame. he'd rather put off seeing you because he can't get into your pants? as if there is no other activity you guys could do?

he may not only use you for sex but it seems clear that he values you most for sex since he doesn't isn't to see you if sex isn't on the table

• i mean what would he do if you guys got married? disappear for a week every month

• Wow! I've never heard of a guy reacting like THAT. And why would he think that it would be absolutely necessary to have sex when you see each other? // If he is from some culture where a man is to avoid a woman during her period that would be weird also, as it would be an outdated way of thinking. // Just based on the above information, I'd say move on and tell him to take a hike. LOL...

• Well I would say your boyfriend is being pretty shallow.. and maybe you should move on from this guy.. it is a part of life.. sounds to me like this guy you are with does not even have one... or anything even close to one

• I'm pretty sure he's using you for sex if that's his reaction

• lmao. i mean guys got him some he doesn't see you that often

• I would've done what he did. That's shits disgusting.

• He is indeed using you for sex and or is just a selfish man.

What Girls Said 17

• Why wouldn't you be able to have sex? And why is it necessary to have sex? I don't understand your boyfriend.

• I don't like sex during my period and he said that because then I will go for 6 months and is his last chance of having sex with me.

• Why can't you just see each other like normal people for the 2 days you're on your period and then have sex on the last day?

8 months later, what ever became of this relationship? Just curious.

• You know you CAN have sex on your period... perhaps tell him that? haha

But honestly, with the information given, I'm more on your side with this one... that seems like a stupid reason not to see each other. Shouldn't he want to spend as much time with you as he can when he has the opportunity? If not, then yeah, I'd be suspicious about whether he actually cares about you.

• I've read your question a couple times to make sure I was understanding it right and I'm not sure I (or others here) was.

Is he refusing to see you one last time because you can't have sex?

OR

Is he saying "hey, if we're gonna only see each other once more before you leave, might as well be when you're not on your period so we can bone"?

If it's the latter and all he's trying to do is shift the actual days that you will be spending together, then I don't think it's that big of a deal. But if he's wanting to spend fewer total days with you, or no time with you at all, because he doesn't want to hang out with you when you "can't" have sex then he's a total fuck wad.

• Lol wow... Just wow.

• Sounds to me like he is just using you for sex. If a man really cares about you, your period won't stop him from wanting to see you.

• I would be pissed off to! He has to understand!

• I think you are completely right.

• Sex isn't the only thing you can do with your significant other... it sounds to me that he cares more about sex

• No you're not overreacting. He's blatantly said that he doesn't want to see you because you have your period so that means you can't have sex.
    That's really shallow of him.
    He probably didn't mean to be so blunt, but the truth clearly found its way out.
    You deserve better than that

• I'm sorry to have to say this, but he is just having a good time, if you know what I mean. If he wasn't he wouldn't refuse to see you just because you don't want to have sex with him. In my opinion, you should break up with him.

• If he genuinely liked you then he would of spent time with you. It's clear he is only interested in one thing forget him

• I think your TOTALLY RIGHT ! Kind of a douche bag... sorry but he should absolutely want to see you before your gone away no matter what the issue is. Time together before long distance should be on his mind not your cycle.

• That's messed up.

• It seems like he just wants you for sex?

• You were totally right. He is very shallow.

• He's an asshole, plain and simple. You have every right to feel that way.

• you are right to feel this way

• He's just using u for sex

He doesn't want to be around you and avoids you during your period because he doesn't want to have sex with you then. No sex, no reason to bother with you. Just leave him and never look back.