Is it ok to see more than 1 guy at a time?

I'm not particularly into any of these 2 guys, I've talked to them and we (I and each of them) get along quite well, I want to see whom I like more. I'm not thinking like I have the right to choose between them but I mean, just to see who I want to be in a relationship with, so I decided to see both of them at the same time. I feel normal but will you guys feel bad if you know that the girl whom you asked out is seeing another one as well?

• That's fine
  • No, don't do that (please tell me why and what should I do?)
Guys and girls, please don't get me wrong:
One I met online and the other one I met on the way to work. They both asked me out and I just want to talk more with them and make my decision. Absolutely my relationships with them are not sexually and emotionally involved!
That's why I used the word "see" instead of "date".

Most Helpful Guy

• It seem that now days terminology means different things. I grew up knowing dating to mean going out on dates to get to know a person. There is no exclusivity in that. On here I see it meaning hooking up. "I go out with him, but we are not dating") If it was exclusive it was "going steady" meaning just the one person. So just dating is not meaning being exclusive.

As long as the guys know that you are dating others, then you are not cheating or giving a false impression.

• I just mean date them to see who I am compatible with, absolutely no sex involved and I'm not playing with their feelings either!

• That is what I thought and my answer is geared toward that. :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's fine for a short time but at some point you will need to decide if one of these guys is someone you want to move further with and if so, stop seeing the other one even if you haven't had the tall yet with the one you want to continue with. Of it goes on for months with both I think that's a pretty good sign you're not that into either one so why continue seeing them at all?

• *had the talk.

• When I start seeing a guy I do so under the assumption that he may be going on dates with other women. But once we're at the point where we are spending time together a couple times a week or more, then I decide whether to pursue something more, in which case I will not go on dates with other guys, or if I'm not feeling it, I stop seeing him. I generally think after 3 or so weeks of seeing each other two or more times a week you should be having the talk re: where this is going and exclusivity status.

• Thanks a lot. I've been dating/hanging out with him for more than a month. And the other guy, I just talked and haven't really go out with him but I only think about this guy. I can feel that he's seeing other girls as well. Should I tell him that we need to talk about our relationship, whether he's serious about this relationship or he still wants to see other girls as well, if he say so then we're done because I can't take that long for him to decide, it hurts my ego as well!

What Guys Said 14

• This is what I do, date around like crazy to determine the right match before deciding who to be in a relationship with.
    It's the best way to go in my opinion.

• Thanks a lot! You're funny haha "Date around like crazy" xD

• Then how long did it take you to make up your mind? A month or more? For example, you go out with 2 girls at the same time, how long did it take you to decide that you will continue your relationship with just 1 of them and only keep the other as a friend?

• Well it does vary, I'll meet various girls and go on say, 5 different first dates and talk to them, and then realize this one girl is the right match, so I'll pursue a relationship with her. The other girls just either move on or I might remain friends with, just depends on how it plays out.

• It's okay to DATE more than one person to see who you like, as long as you're not giving out any promises or doing anything sexual.

Once you found the one you want to be with, it is no longer okay to have a relationship with more than one person.

• thanks heaps! Yep I aware of that, it calls "cheating". I'm seeing them both but when I have my own decision hopefully the other one won't get hurt :/

• I think seeing two is okay... But if you actually start kissing one, and kissing the other one two... errr.. I don't know about that

• Notice that most guys are saying no. That's because this is a bitch move unless the guys involved know about it before hand and are ok with it. How would you like it if you liked a guy and went on a casual date with him just to find out that he was going on anot her one the same day with another girl. Seems pretty douchy doesn't it?

• That'sounds like a way to really destroy someone emotionaly I would hate to be the guy who doesn't win your love that would be just brutal... please don't do that to someone

• It's fine since you're not exclusive, but not every guy would like to know that the girl they like is testing you to see if you're better than the other guy, I know I wouldn't be ok with it and probably move on to another girl.

• No... no No NO NO FK NOOOOOOOO!!! ITS NOT OK.

Why? Cause... It's NOT OK, how'd you like it if the guy you liked did that to you?
    Hmmm? Hmm? Whats that? Yeah I thought so... -.-

Look, just like everyone else you'll have to follow your heart and make the decision yourself. This be the one time I can't help you out. (Flies Away)

• do what makes you happy.. its your life

• Define what are you mean by seeing... are you saying that you have titles on both of these men? Have you had sex with both of these men? Please be more specific. Thanks

• One I met online and the other one I met on the way to work. They both asked me out and I just want to talk more with them and make my decision. Absolutely my relationships with them are not sexually and emotionally involved!

• That's perfectly ok... you are not doing anything wrong

• I don't know 😕

• That's pretty fucked up sounds like something a girl would do.

• I think that's totally fine. You're still getting pleasured either way right

• Jesus christ 3/4 of women said yes?

Ugh this is one of those no hope for humanity days I guess...

• Lemme clarify my point:
      One I met online and the other one I met on the way to work. They both asked me out and I just want to talk more with them and make my decision. Absolutely my relationships with them are not sexually and emotionally involved! That's why I said "seeing" not "dating".

• Hmm well it'd be best to make a decision pretty fast because it's cruel to string people along. This is usually how guys transform into douchebags that just fuck women and then kick them to the curb after having experiences of being played with.

• Yep That's what I think too. If we take too long too decide then eventually we don't want either of them to be hurt which make they both hurt actually!

• Strange when i was dating multiple girls at the same time and it came out i got called a player and the girl hated me. Double standart huh?

What Girls Said 9

• As long as you didn't commit to any of them you are 100% free to date whomever. That's why it's called "dating". You date people to see who you are most compatible with.

• You are Not hooked at the hip with any One date nor mate here, dear, and in Deciding.. Don't Get into any Relationship with Anyone until you are Quite sure. Neither one has to know about the other, no strings attached right now.
    After this, kiss the other Good-bye and move on from that Guy.
    Good luck. xx

• girl, no. enjoy yourself

• I think its fine! Just tell them all you date that way but when you two become offical you stay with one!

• Girl, you should book as many boys as your schedule will fit. Have fun.

• If you're not in a relationship I guess it's fine

• From what I know, "dating" means exclusive but it has different meanings to different people. It depends on what you mean by "dating." I've heard it meaning exclusive or going on dates. Going on dates with multiple people is one thing but exclusive, it's normally not right to be with multiple people at once. Even though I know someone who has been getting away with it and I don't know how

• If they know that you're talking to other people then sure. But if you're dating multiple people and THEY don't know about it, then that's an issue.

• Only if they're aware you're seeing other guys and are okay with it.