Why do people call themselves nice and feel like they deserve to be in a relationship?

It almost feels like their kindness isn't sincere but forced; because they expect something in return.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is exactly what's wrong with the "nice guy" concept lol. I, on the other hand, prefer to accept I'm a stone cold bitch and can still find love so people need to chill

What Girls Said 4

• Because they just want to feel worthy. I know a guy friend who always complains to be about how nice he is and how girls take advantage of that and friendzone him and it just pisses le off because he calls them beautiful and then insults them when they reject him. He is the perfect example of an insincere person, and I think it's because he's insecure and wants to blame it on his "niceness". Then there's other guys who are nice to you because they respect you, not because they expect you to suck their dick or anything. Okay, I ended up ranting instead of answering the question but, well, it's likely to be an insecurity problem.

• Beware of anyone who calls themselves "nice." It's a loose indication that they like to play the victim, and guilt others. That wasn't very nice of me, was it?

• People are only what you see them as! X as for deserving something.. You only get back what you give out.. Xxx

• Regardless of whether a person is " nice" or "nasty" they are capable of having good relationships and failed relationships. It all comes down to the choice of person they choose to be with.

I have known people to refer to themselves as "nice" , but they have betrayed people, and stabbed them in the back. . So I have no idea what nice people's definition of nice is. People change when their priorities change. So everyone has a little of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde in them lol. No one is nice all of the time.

What Guys Said 3

• Because they need an excuse to validate themselves for never having the balls to take the initiative and ask the girl out (for guys at least). So they say that "it's because I'm nice and women only want douchbags." Not really. They just don't want a little bitch for a boyfriend. I agree with you that they force it on to people and expect something to be given to them simply because they claim to be nice. I have never seen a girl pulling this line though, probably because they don't have to do the chasing.

• It's an age old phenomenon, nothing new.

• Haha! I'm an evil son of a bitch. That said, I want nothing from women except a fuck, so I don't really have to be 'nice'. I don't think nice guys exist, there are just guys who have convinced themselves they're not like me. In reality, I think all humans are essentially heartless bastards and all this contrived bullshit about how 'good' or 'bad' a person is is pointless. We're all evil cunts, at least I'm not scared to admit it.