Which rejection would hurt you the most?

Say you really liked this guy/gal and it wasn't mutual so he/she rejected you on the spot. Which shallow reason from the poll would hurt you the most? Have you ever been rejected because of the following?

• Being rejected because of your race/ethnicity
  • Being rejected because of your facial features (i. e. fugly fat nose)
  • Being rejected because of your body shape or weight (i. e. breast size)
  • Being rejected because of your family/friends (i. e., "they're too strict")
  • Being rejected because of your occupation, salary or educational background

Most Helpful Guy

• If I get rejected because I'm white then I almost have a lot of respect for the person for being honest instead of thinking up some bullshit ass excuse when they know they're either a racist or just don't find white features attractive.

If I get rejected because of my facial features, then it's whatever. Some girls aren't into classically handsome, masculine features and prefer prettier men. It is what it is.

If I get rejected for any other reasons listed then it's whatever.

I handle rejection well; I know it's not an issue of me but an issue of them.

• in the spirit of the question, though, I'd say occupation/salary/education because of the elitist undertones of the rejection, but it's not like you can't improve your situation unless you're dumb.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, A or B would be the most rude in my opinion. To pick out a 'flaw' on my face and have the audacity to turn me down while referencing what he didn't like, wow, massive ahole. It's the only face I have/want to pay for, haha. And ethnicity, I have to be honest, that's never happened before. And it would suck, I can't change my ethnicity.

In the end, I would be kinda hurt but more shocked that such a huge douche could be so cute to me in the first place.

What Guys Said 8

• I voted B. Between B and C I feel it would hurt more because it's something you can't really change.

If I got rejected because of A, D, or E it's not the type of person I'd get along with anyway

• If someone rejects me because I'm white, I didn't need them anyway.
    If she rejects me because I'm fat, I mean come on, I understand.
    If she rejects me because of my family, I didn't need her around.
    If she rejects me because of my job, I didn't need her around.
    But if she just straight up says, "It's your face, I hate it," I mean damn. That kinda hurts.

• Being rejected without being told a reason.

• Where's Vote F? When the person has I like you written all over them, you don't say anything cause you don't want to ruin a friendship, but do anyway, but from that point on the other person avoids you like the plague... this one happens quite a bit to me

• Being rejected because of my race would be the worst. Anything else can be changed. Facial features- plastic surgery. Body shape/weight- diet and exercise. Family/friends too strict- ask to be more supportive/understanding. Occupational salary/educational background- get a better job/go back to school. You can't change our race

• being rejected because the girl thought i was boring (ie for my personality) would hurt more than all of those things

• None of those would hurt me. What hurt me most was when I thought I was in a relationship, then she just left me. That hurts far more than any rejection. I thought I found love, but instead it's led me to complete despair. When I needed her most, she left me.

• Picked the last one.

What Girls Said 10

• being rejected because of my mind, just not fitting with them. I can hate and love my body, but to not understand or not be able to match them intellectually or any other mental way would crush me. Not being given the time to grow and have the chance to catch up never knowing if I could have learned.

• C because it's happened to me. Small boobs, curse you!
    And B. =

I know, I shouldn't let that affect me so much, but it does hurt.

• I say education because than you are pretty much a loser!

• A would hurt the most. I can't change my skin color. But if they reject me for that, then I am much better off. I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

• I voted A because all the others can change somehow but race/ethnicity is something no one has control over.

• I think race would hurt lol

• The face one would be pretty bad. Since that's not something you can change naturally.

• I have been rejected because of E.

• Getting rejected because I'm ugly would definitely hurt the most.

• The last one would bug me the most. My family is quite poor and I technically live in a campground (there's a housing development separate from the camping area) and thanks to the peers who also live here I get looped with them as "trailer trash."