A guy asked me if I would like to go out for a drink sometime and I don't know what to do?

I'll try and make this as short as possible, but everything is really complicated. (Well I am anyway).
There's this guy that works in a little store in town which is run by his family, and my family has known them for a long time, they live a few houses away from us. A few months ago everytime I went into the store he would look at me every now and then and sometimes he'd talk to me. He added me on facebook but we'd never talked. On Christmas eve me and my family went out for a meal, and shortly after we'd arrived him and his family showed up. So my brothers and I went over to say hi because they'd brought their dog and my little brother's wouldn't go over unless I was with them. My little brothers disappeared and then my mom came over and we were all talking. And the guy started talking to me, I think it was probably the first time that we've ever really talked. And I have anxiety so that was incredibly difficult for me because I find it really hard to talk to people, in fact I avoid it if possible. Anway, last night he messaged me on facebook and he said that it was nice talking to me the other night, and he asked how am I and if I'd had a good Christmas and stuff like that. This morning he messaged me asking if I would like to go for a drink sometime. but I don't know what to do. I'm 19, I've never been in a relationship, I don't talk to anyone. I stopped going to school when I was 14 because of depression and anxiety, I was home schooled for a little while, when I was 16 I had to have an emergency operation and I was really ill, and that caused a bunch of other problems. I ended up having a hip replacement this year. I literally don't talk to anybody. And I can't work at the minute.
I don't know whether or not I should go. I was going to talk to my mom about it, but she will probably say that he's not good enough for me, or she doesn't like him. What do you guys think that I should do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• First if you enjoyed the conversation with him go. If you do go don't vomit your past all over him like you did with this post. Shit that happened 5 years ago doesn't define you. Home schooling some one with anxiety seems like the worst thing your parents could have done for you. They hid you from the world so you never had to learn. They could control you and now you are even afraid to talk to your mom. I have social anxiety and take meds for it. You have to learn to live with it. I see a therapist and put myself in uncomfortable situations so I don't live in a hole for the rest of my life. It is not easy. I met a man that is very supportive, encouraging, understanding and helpful. You are 19 it's time to start making your own choices. Your parents won't be around forever to tell you how to live. I know my mom has been dead for 7 years and I still want to ask her what to do.

• I only said what I did on this post because I was trying to explain why I'm finding it so difficult. I wouldn't go telling him all of that stuff, no one knows about any of that stuff. He already knows about a few things anyway because he saw me on crutches. It wasn't my parents decision to home school me either it was a counsellor. I feel like I have to get my moms permission.

• I think you should say yes. It is a positive step. Just try and be friends with him first. And if u like him its goood for you.