Do you believe in connection or love at first sight?

A few months ago I was standing in a doorway and this guy walked by, we locked eyes and it was like 'bam, fireworks'. Some kind of weird connection. We both smiled at each other then he walked off. After that I started to go out of my way to see if I could catch him again and it was the same each time we'd see each other, sparks flying, eyes lit up thingy. He's not my type at all and I have a serious boyfriend but I cannot get this guy out of my mind. I constantly think about him. I'm wondering if we are supposed to meet? I'm nervous about approaching him because I'm in a relashionship. Anyone else ever experience something like this?

Oh and by the way, it wasn't s physical attraction either. This guy is not the norm of my type, that's why it's so strange to me. I have this overwhelming feeling to know him and be near him. Seems he has the same feelings too. It's all in his eyes when we lock glances. It's like he's saying something to me through his eyes.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you believe in love at first sight, you need to define what you mean by "love." When I think of love, it is something that happens when I know someone and appreciate who they are, their strengths and weaknesses, their abilities and needs, their hopes and desires. How can you love someone that you don't know?

What you can feel at first sight is lust and I think that is what is confused with love. Once you get to know the object of your desire, of course, feelings of love may develop, but probably not.

Most Helpful Girl

• The first time I ever looked in my husband's eyes, I knew he had the one quality I needed in a man.

Maybe it could be called love at first sight, maybe not, but it was definitely "I knew at first sight that this man has what I've been dreaming about, since I was ten years old, and that I probably won't ever meet anyone else like him".

Whatever words you want to use for it, my body was in love with him within a few hours, my mind within a few more, and my heart by the next day.

We've been married 14 years now. <3

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, I do. I've had the same thing happen. I was absolutely hypnotized when I saw one girl. I was absolutely in love with her for years. Then she got married and had children. So don't think it's "meant to be" or that you're "supposed to meet", but there's definitely something there. Don't think they're just your "soul mate". I don't believe in fate. But I do believe in chemistry.

Another girl I met while we were sitting in a circle in this one class. We looked at each other and you could really feel that both of us knew something was there. Like you're drawn to them, and you can feel this sort of pull between you. Like magnets. I've really loved other girls, but we never had that type of thing. Only those two instances, and the first one was totally one-sided: she wasn't interested in me, at all. The second one, we both knew instantly.

Trust your instincts, is what I would say.

• Connection at first sight.
    Love is a deep concern for each other's needs, which I think is basically impossible to obtain that concern for someone you don't know. Just my opinion

• This is a "test" in life. One you can't study for.

For me, it's connection at first sight. Romantic love I think you actually have to talk to the person.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0iXfa2unYY
    happend one time to me did work out she had a husband

• I do not subscribe to that.

• I believe in choice

• Naaah. I've experienced it but it goes away.

• Fuck no...

What Girls Said 5

• Lol that's cute
    Now you need to decide if you're going to stay with your serious boyfriend or go for the new guy. Ya but love at first sight I believe in it. I once fell in love at first sight too.

• nope, I don't

• physical attraction is potent. but not THAT potent to result in automatic love. don't screw up your current relationship just because of some hot dude.

• I met a guy online like this. He sent me a really great conversation starter and made me laugh and think. We hit if off over messages and texts and just had a super honest bond with eachother. in a day he came to my place and as soon as we were in the same room it just kind of all fell together. It was as if we had been together for many years when we kissed. After some fooling around and chatting even he felt we had deep chemistry. I've never felt that way even with my ex who i was with for 7 years and married him. Just blew my mind. Now we are great friends with benifits. And slowly working our way into something more. I am excited for you!! It feels amazing to have that connection!

• I do for some reason however, if that connection is "real" you'll only tell if you meet him again. Let's say you went out on a date with him and while actually spending time with him there was no actual connection, he might be super boring. Do you get my point?