I asked my boyfriend if he'd want to be my husband. so he answered: either no or maybe. what does that mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• It may sound like I am trolling but it means "No or Maybe".

Don't worry about this. It doesn't mean he never will. But I am sure he has never thought about marriage in his entire life. Guys have other things on their minds.

If you are serious about marriage (and this is not some test) it's a good thing you have let him know. But don't force it. I think for us marriage is sex like for women. It doesn't mean she won't ever have sex but she just needs a little more time. So when it comes to marriage give him that time.

What Guys Said 4

• He means i'm not sure right now. Be nice with me so i could think about that

• It means 'no'... sorry, hon. He isn't ready for marriage but at your age, you have plenty of time so don't rush him.

• He's not sure right now. He feels it is too soon and if he thinks you are pushing it then he will say no and leave, but if you wait he will be able to think about it and you will get a better response

• he's smart enough not to fall for that! lol

What Girls Said 10

• I don't believe he has thought that far ahead or he isn't wanting to be married yet.

• He not ready to settle with you! He just living in the moment!

• It means 'no' and likely it's because he hasn't thought about marriage and likely won't for a long time. I'd it him in the 'not marriage minded' category and walk off if that's your ambition in the near future. Men are not on the same timetable as women on these things. A girl could waste a lot of her fertile years and youth on a guy who hasn't a clue that he is taking up those things she can never get back.

• It means, drop him. Ain't nobody got time for a guy who is turned off by the possibility. It is not pressure to marry, but if he can say no, drop him like hot coal. Some guy out there is crazy about you and will jump at the possibility.

• It means no. There is no maybe. Anything other than a definite yes, is a no.

• As much as I'm all for anyone doing what suits them, I wouldn't go to that extreme of ever proposing to a man. I just don't think it sounds right.

• It was kinda like I took him to help me pick out a new bra and he got all embarrassed and said I should buy for my husband not my boyfriend so I said what you don't want to be my husband?
      And he said maybe or not but maybe. lol

• yeah, it doesn't sound like he's into you very much

• I think it means that IF you are planning on being married at some point, you are going to need a different boyfriend.

• He might be afraid of commitment

• He is not think.
    So he not to want be your husband =/

• he needs more time

• He's not ready to get married, hasn't put much thought in to it, doesn't want to marry you. Or possibly joking and just pulling your leg