Do girls ever take forever to reply to messages from guys they like?

I thought this girl liked me so I sent her a message trying to start a conversation. She took over a day to respond. But when she replied she seemed super enthusiastic and suggested something she wanted to do.

So I replied asking her out. Its been another day and she hasn't even read it. I dunno if she doesn't like me. Or if maybe she likes me but is playing it cool or she could even just be nervous.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes lol but I usually reply quick.

Most Helpful Guy

• I fucking hate when they do that shit. Makes me not even want to bother trying with them.

What Girls Said 4

• texting is a game. When I text a guy i like I usually wait a max of 30 minutes so it seems like I'm busy or that I have a life I guess.. But usually when I text a guy hours and hours late or even a day late it's because your text is not a priority. What's throwing me off about this girl is that her text was positive and enthusiastic

• I don't know about this girl in particular but I personally have been told to wait. To not reply right away or you will seem to desperate or anxious. So I anxiously wait it out. but I wouldn't wait an entire day unless I accidentally forgot which probably wouldn't happen because that's all i'd be thinking about. She could just happen to be busy and also needs some time to reply. Sometimes I sit and think for a while until I reply. Don't sweat it.

• She doesn't want to appear desperate I think lol I would probably do the same just because I would be so exited and wouldn't know how to reply

• i dont play those games so no

What Guys Said 2

• She is trying to play it cool. she likes you.

• Forget her. If she liked you, she would find time to respond sooner.