What are the top 5 qualitites you look for in a relationship that you can't find in a friend?

People say good sense of humor, similarities, same interests, and being comfortable. These can be found in friendship what qualities do people look for that can't be found in friendship?

Most Helpful Girl

• A good kisser (because I sure as hell don't kiss my friends), someone who I can see being a good father to my future kids, someone dependable to help me with bills and stuff in the future, someone I can see comfortably sharing a bed with, and I'm drawing a blank on a fifth one at the moment.

Most Helpful Guy

• Humor, interests, and freakyness

What Girls Said 2

• Here's the thing: friendship is platonic, and as a result, it can remove the potential for romantic feelings. So I would say that (often) things that friends lack in that regard is...

Intimate/sexual chemistry: The likelihood of me feeling that initial spark and sexual chemistry with a friend is much lower than that of a person who is not platonically linked to me who I am getting to know on a non-platonic level.

Mystery; getting to know the person can be a fun and deeply bonding process when taken out of a platonic context.

An unbiased perspective; they won't just comfort and agree with me because they're my friend, they'll give a more honest opinion about me and actually help me see flaws in myself in the beginning.

Excitement: it is really exciting getting to know somebody, let's be honest. It ignites all of these nerves and emotions.

Self improvement: Even if things fail with someone who has that unbiased opinion I mentioned, they kind of force you to look at yourself in a new light and make improvements to reduce the likelihood of failure in the future. Subsequently making you a better person.

• Manners
    Gentlemen traits
    The way they are towards their mother
    Loving traits
    Forgiving

What Guys Said 2

• These all cookie cutter responses, where's the real good ones?

• ohh.. thats a tough one. i guess sex has to be there.