Why isn't there a good guy in my area? Every guy wants to hook up?

I've had two boyfriends. Both of them started out great but ended because they were trying to use my body. Why can't there be a good guy out there who wants a committed relationship? Is that so scary and out of the ordinary?

Most Helpful Girl

• don't judge books by their covers... just because a boy may seem like a good guy doesn't mean he is one which is why u need to be careful 😊

What Guys Said 7

• At your age, guys have absolutely no interest in a committed relationship. They're out to have sex with as many women as possible, and this usually lasts till around the mid-20's. It's not until guys are 25+ that they begin to seriously consider a long-term relationship with someone they can settle down with.

Of course, this is not the only case, as many guys at 16 end up in long term relationships spanning many years. But these are usually the result of relationships that spawn from friends who know each other well. If you're hooking up on Tinder, or friend of a friend at a party, expect nothing more than a one night stand, or friends with benefits.

• When I read the question, I thought you might have reason to believe men outside of your area were different.

• You're 16. Guys your age are walking boners. We don't give a shit about emotion at that age, just interested in intimacy.

• If they are teens then that would be why. Many are easily overwhelmed in their teen years, heck many in their twenties are just as timid.

Maturity will garner stability.

• at your age, a tiny amount of relationships will last, if you wan't commitment you need to pursue the men... boys that are not interested in dating

• im not a good guy and won't claim to be cause I haven't seen a good girl yet

• They're out there. You just didn't pick them.

What Girls Said 2

• You are 16 focus on school and gym class lmao

• You may be better off waiting until you're older and the guys are more mature.