Guys, would you date a girl that used to be a lesbian?

I lived a lesbian lifestyle for 7 years. Now in my mid 20's, I no longer desire to be with a woman. I've been having crushes on men and starting to crave a mans company. I don't know what happened but something in me switched like a light bulb. I literally have no attraction for women anymore. When I do meet a guy, I'm scared to tell him I was gay for so long. What if he doesn't take me serious?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't count it against her. It would be a minor point of interest. Like, something to separate her from the average girl. I would take that over another girl with a normal history - all else being equal.

It isn't something you'd need to bring up with a guy if he doesn't ask.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is this a thing? Like, people wanting to play 20 questions about your past? I don't understand. Don't understand how it would come up, and don't understand why anyone would even care.

I've been married for 14 years, and my husband has never asked for the particulars of my "love" life before him (quote marks intentional).
    And not because "he feels it isn't his place" or any of that shit. He just doesn't care. Does. Not. Care.

I'm the same way with him.

Girl the moment that man first looked at me... and through me... none of that history even mattered. And on some level, conscious or not, he's confident enough to know that.

We both have plenty of history, LOL. Enough to know what we want, what we need. Our marriage is so fulfilling, and clicks so well, that we make other people sick. Our life is our life.

We look forward, not backward. Because when you look backward, you run into shit and drop your phone. (:

I would suggest that you just not talk about it, unless there is a very, very, VERY good reason.

• Thank you! You seem happy

What Guys Said 3

• best you can be is honest with both yourself and that person i mean if they dont like you for you then their loss not yours

• I think I would date her definitely.
    It would be quite a new and adventurous experience and I will know how the other half lives and enjoy...

• Pfftt... bi girls are exceptionally hot.. don't sweat it :D.

What Girls Said 3

• You might be bisexual. If you had real feelings for women, it's not just a "phase". I'm bi, and my attraction switches on and off too. But you could just tell guys that you used to date women and have never dated a man. Don't say "lived the lesbian lifestyle" because that might make you sound like you don't know what you want.

• I'm not bisexual though. I haven't wanted a girl in almost a year. I've been wanting men and men only and you're right. Maybe I shouldn't tell him at all?

• I know that. Bisexual doesn't mean you have to like both at the same time. What if you date men for 7 years and start liking women again.. does that mean you "turned" straight. I'm not saying you ARE bisexual, but I was confused for ages before I read an article that said "if you have been confused about your sexuality for a long, or if your sexuality has changed, you're probably bi" and that stuck with me. But anyway thats not your question... you totally don't have to tell them, but if you get serious with a guy he'll probably want to know about your exes, which you should be truthful about. Most guys will be fine with it, and if they're not then why would you want to date them anyway

• for a long time*

• Yeahsure! I like girls!

• I think being a lesbian is good then being a bi even I m a lesbian and I like it