Is wanting to date a christian man being too picky?

My friend recently joined Plenty of Fish in hoping of meeting people, and dating. However, her biggest thing that she needs is the guy to be Christian. She recently talked to someone who likes a lot of things she likes, they talk really well and he's very polite. He asked her out on a date, and she said yes. But now she doesn't feel for the friendship after only 3 days of talking, because she suspects that he is not Christian, yet she won't ask him if he is. She wants a partner who she can take to church with her, and all this crap about praying and whatnot. She wants the person to believe on God. I told her that her expectations are too high, and you're not going to find serious Christian males in their early 20s, especially on plenty of fish. I figured that religion is a personal connection with God, so what difference does it make if your partner can do the same? I think religion is an unfair quality to pin against someone, and no one will be perfect. She should never settle for less, but she shouldn't be picky either.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it's not. Honestly though, if you're looking for someone who shares your faith, you'd be better off trying Christian Mingle or something along those lines.

• Um, it's not for me. Did you read my description?

Most Helpful Girl

• I now a girl that wanted sooo bad to date a christian boy coz she is very religious.. and now she has a relationship with a muslim and she's pregnant. . So thats proof that if you fall in love with someone you won't care about his religion!.. i think she should let herself find a respectful boy because there are rarely any real Christians out there... people that dont believe in nothing are better people than some called "christians"

• Exactly my point, thank you. This nonsense about dating a Christian exclusively is ridiculous.

What Guys Said 9

• she is not picky, she just want's a man that has the same moral level as her. don't they have speed dating at the big churches

• I'm looking for someone who isn't religious, too. I don't think I could make things work with someone who is. Nothing wrong with that, you'll have a better relationship if you guys share your beliefs.

• She should be dating people from her church, even if it means changing churches until she finds one with suitable single men.

• You want what you want 💁🏻

• Inb4 Tim teboww

• If she is quite religious I see no point in seeking someone who doesn't respect her beleifs

• Ask your friend what religion was Jesus? If they say Christian or any religion they are lying... he has no religion ( look it up) ... that should help in some way

• There are Christian dating sites

• im Christian but its kind of too late for me

What Girls Said 6

• No lol

I only date Christians.

Religion is a GIANT thing in peoples' lives. It is a perfectly acceptable thing to use to rule out potential partners. It's such a core value that if you differ religiously you will probably fail to raise children, and fail on other levels as well.

• It's not expecting too much at all, especially if she is looking for a long-term relationship. She will want someone with the same beliefs as her. I know from growing up in a household with parents who did not have the same beliefs. It can definitely put a strain on the relationship and it does affect kids if she wants to have children in the future. Perhaps she should try Christian Mingle or start going to church functions to meet someone.

• If you really want to be dating someone in the same faith as you, there are dating websites that are dedicated to that. If faith is very important to you, I don't see why that is being "too picky".

• No it isn't. You fancy someone who has similar values as you. I am looking for that also but be very careful because even though they are a christian make sure their actions speak louder than the words coming from their mouth.

• I don't see how the hell your beliefs have any relevance between your God and your partner. News flash: you will have a hard time finding someone if you're that damn picky.

• It's being picky if the person has a lot of good qualities against them are good, but because of their belief system, they are no longer deemed attractive. While I understand of wanting to share the same values and interest, you can't shoot down every person and not give them a chance.

• Sorry if you got confused from my title :/

• Well I don't think it's picky at all. Religion is very important in a lot people's lives. Having the same mindset in these type of things are important in a relationship. It is actually reasonable for you be with someone of the same religion.

• No honey... its just knowing what you want for you know your worth

• I think it's being picky, and my friend shouldn't have to be picky.