Why are black women seen as less beautiful?

white and Asian women are almost always seen as the prettiest and a man will easily pick that then over a black woman. Why is that? dont say its not true... cause it is... why is that?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's either stereotypes and racism
    OR
    Black women are inherently less attractive than women of other races. (this is offensive but its technically possible. However without it being studied you can't definitively say that it's true or untrue)

Or maybe both explanations are true :/

Another thing is people often percieve lighter skin as being feminine while darker skin is seen as masculine, hence the cliche of women wanting " Mr tall TAN and handsome"
    Also people often attach a gender to races.

Asians for example are often perceived as being more feminine and innoscent in appearance and behavior. This perception obviously is beneficial to Asian women as seen in their high desirability on dating cites but it is detrimental to Asian men which can be observed by their low response rates on dating sites.

Blacks on the other hand are perceived as being more masculine in both appearance and personality. This can benefit the men as they are are sometimes fetishized by white women for hookups and casual sex. However for women, being perceived as masculine obviously is not beneficial.

(Oh before anyone get offended I am NOT saying that blacks are actually more masculine, only that it is common for them to be perceived that way.)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well honestly it could be due to racism or a persons personal preference or some people are afraid to date people of other races because what they've been told aka stereotypes. But honestly there are beautiful, pretty, amazing girls and guys from EVERY race! I know white guys who date and marry black girls and vice versa! If people are open minded and love another person race doesn't matter. But if a person doesn't find somebody aesthetically pleasing they will be less likely to chose them but honestly there are good looking people from every race. Like I know this may sound bad but I'm not usually attracted to Asian guys but when I traveled to the Philippines I saw some cute ones I'd gladly love to date so honestly.. When somebody says they don't like to date certain races... Ya right.. If you put them in a country where that is the predominant race they will definitely find ones they find cute!

What Guys Said 16

• Well that all depends on who it is you are asking. there was a time when there wasn't any other human woman on the planet except the black or brown woman now you have the opportunity to compare with woman who came after and fall so far as to even want to be them. walk like them, dress like them, speak like them, look like them, think like them, eat like them... even probably feel like them... why would any man from any race want a colored duplicate if they can have the real deal... pale men should want pale woman, Asian men should want Asian woman, brown men should want who? unless brown woman are training brown men to want who? By looking like, dressing like, speaking like, eating like, thinking like. Who? It's time for black or brown woman to be goddesses again and stop being second and third hand beings that no one really wants or needs anymore... Type in Google and YouTube Nuwaupuyee your language the first language on this planet it's the medu neter or Egyptian language, start looking like the child your mothers gave birth to not some damn colored duplicate' because it's not fooling anyone anywhere... you train the brotha's to want white, Asian etc by how you walk, talk, speak, think, That's why... And that all really depends on how valuable you think you are by nature and not just to selfish degenerate patterns that led to questions like this in the first place... either find out who and what you really are as women or step back and watch other kind of woman replace you all... completely!!!

• I think people have the image of the ghetto, ratchet, overweight sassy black woman full of aggression and wearing a bad weave.

I've dated some beautiful black girls who had none of the above qualities, but they aren't the ones you hear about because they don't stand out or make you do a double take.

• Black women are not seen as less beautiful, well i don't think in western countries. I like to believe that in western countries at least like the USA and Western Europe that old fashion views are changing and we tend to consider everyone beautiful whether they are black, brown, white or purple. However in centain countries, they still hold on to European ideals when it comes to looks where the closest thing to looking european is considered beautiful and anything opposite is considered ugly. Its the culture on beauty that can create perceptions on what is beautiful and what is not and the media can also have a powerful influence too (Think about the whole light skin issue among ethnic women). So people who see black people as less beautiful has a lot to do with the culture in the country.

• ill express my experience,, where I use to live there weren't to many pretty black girls a few but not many

when I went to florida to visit my family OMG the black girls where so pretty, I had a boner just looking at them lol, so it depends on the guy, one of my friends he thinks black girls are ugly he's an idiot, while my other friend only dates black girls, so each guy is different, also where you live is different cause I've never been with a Asian girl, been with 1 with girl, and the rest are Spanish

• it's just cultural brainwashing. also there are a lot of black girls i met in my life that were just plain unattractive. i mean like fat, annoying, bitching about anything.

But you know I shouldn't attribute it to being black. being black and being unattractive are just two completely separate things and there are still tons of beautiful lovely black ladies out there that can interest me and others.

like in my college there were two black girls who were friends and were cute and smart and lovely. and at my local restaurant there is a cute black waitress. so there are pretty black girls too definitely

• http://i.imgur.com/VzV1mIV.gif
    What are you talking about?
    Maybe by some people but wouldn't say they were less beautiful because its not not true.

• Are they?

Never noticed this, always seen all women having their own unique beauty

• Chocolate is actually my favorite flavor, but black women as a group don't take good care of themselves stateside (I can't speak for other countries). Many of them would look quite pretty if they would just eat a better diet and exercise. :-/

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I find pretty and ugly women of all types.

• Standard of beauty which says anything closer to white is better.

• It depends on who you are asking... remember that we live in a European culture so that's what most people are programmed to believe... but do some research and you will find out the truth... I love my African queens

• I don't see it that way. Black women are hot!

• I have limited experiences with black women but generally the black women I have come across have been very loud, at times very sassy and generally irritating. If I was to meet a black woman that was more reserved, less rude and had things in common with me, then I would definitely see where things head with her.

• standards of beauty in popular culture and hollywood. Blacks are portrayed negatively in news, hollywood and everywhere else. Yes I know people are gonna call me racist when I say this but blacks partially bring it on themselves. The amount of black chicks that live a walking stereotype are too many...

• Some are very good looking and many have excellent figures but commonly they have facial features, bone structure and proportions which are not attractive to me. Skin color is neither good nor bad. I've seen black skin that was good and bad, just like white skin.

• if you want an honest opinion, i'll list mine:

1) they taste/smell different. don't know if it is the coconut oily, or the fact that they wash their hair less because it gets too dry
    2) a lot of them wear fake hair
    3) when they don't wear fake hair it is really nappy and unappealing
    4) a lot of them have bad attitudes and act more manly than most men i know
    5) i am really starting to despise rap music

• oh and i hate nicki minaj and drake

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, so its not true. It really depends on where you live and the kind of people you interact with. I mean you can't go to china and expect the chinese to pick a black person over an Asian one. Just like you can't go to certain parts of Africa and expect the people there to pick a different race over their own. It just doesn't work that way.

• hahahhhahahahahaha what? they will choose the white girl over the black

• I find black women beautiful too. it all depends on what they re used to.
    the media always praise this type of beauty, people tend to see it more.
    Black beauty is still uncommon, but I believe it will change with all these black artists and influential people.
    the ideals always change, before it s skinny than it s curvy
    for a period of time the lebanese woman is the sexiest cause she was exposed a lot in hollywood
    then brazilians with all the models etc...

• honestly and unfortunately I think darker skin and ethnic facial features/hair are not as appreciated. stereotypic personality and culture difference can play a role when it comes to dating as well.

• The image of nasty attitudes mostly.
    Personality of people make people seems ugly.

Not saying all black woman are like that. But most of the ones we see in media are.

I dont think its ugly in the sense of looks. But ugly in the sense of inside.

• This whole thread is full of idiotic stereotypes. Ghetto isn't subjective to one race. Neither is wearing weaves. Or being loud. People are stupid. I'm proud of my roots regardless of what any racist asshole has to say.

• That is crap. I was cheated on with a dark skinned girl and I am white and the guy was white. So times are changing. Black women are beautiful. To be honest, women in every culture are beautiful.

• It's not true where I stay , lol. But honestly i could care less. They don't like the typical stereotypical black woman. But the stereotypical black woman doesn't like them either so. Lol it's just society and where I live... it's the opposite Blacks , Latinas , and hispanics , and others are showed the MOST love.

• Depends on the man and where you live really. It's not always the case.