Who do you believe should pay for the first date?

Assuming the couple is a male and a female, who do you believe should pay for the first date?

• Whoever asked the other one out should pay.
  • The man should pay regardless of who asked.
  • The woman should pay regardless of who asked.
  • They should split the bill.
  • Other/Results

Most Helpful Guy

• Men should always pay 😕

• Why?

• To me just like that no reason 😂😂 been raised this and it's culture here so that's what I do

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends there is a difference between you to going out amd him asking to take you out. Example he asks "we should go mini golfing" if says soemthing like were he isn't directly saying let me take you out in a date or he isn't implying that then it's the cas eof where you each pay your own share. If says something like "hey there is a great Italian place that opened, would you like to come with me to try it?" That's the type of question where he is asking you to occompany him so there for he should pay cause he is asking you out to that place.

What Guys Said 14

• I'm surprised at all the splits lol. I would definitely pay. To me, not paying for something so insignificant even if it is just a continuation of traditional values seems douchey or at the very least it shows a lack of interest in the woman sitting across fro you.

• I think they should split, each party paying their own makes perfect sense, I always assume that at first

Then sometimes I pay instead because why not

• I believe that whoever asked for the first date ought to pay.

• lol @ all of your uncreative asses

step 1 ask for bill
    step 2 wait for waiter to disappear from sight
    step 3 run like hell

• Split the bill. Why would I want to pay for someone's dinner if they potentially could ignore or decline any future texts?

• Split it up on the first.

• I say whoever asked the other out

• I'm either paying or splitting. The woman is not paying for me.

• Whoever is more economically capable of paying. If neither is, then pay for what you eat/use/buy. If something was split between the two, split that part of the bill.

• B. Next case..

• Don't split the bill, pay for what you bought. If the woman bought for 50$ and the man for 30$, the man pays 30$ and the woman pays 50$. It's not that hard.

• whoever asked should pay

• the women should

• The one who asks unless the person being asked is willing or insistent on going dutch.

What Girls Said 6

• Split it - they split it! I wouldn't let someone pay for me especially if I couldn't guarantee I'd like them. Now once you've been with someone awhile and they wanna take you out on them that'd be a nice gesture.

• Split the bill sounds good to me

• if he asked me out, he should pay. especially the first time.

• I think they should split the bill. I would feel bad if my date insisted on paying (・_・;

• I prefer paying for myself, and my date paying for himself. First, second, all dates. Exceptions would be birthdays, where I would pay for him as well.

That's just how I do things. I can also agree with whoever asked pays for the first one, and then if there is a second date the other person can pay for that one.