I need advice, what should I do?

I kinda know this guy but I haven't seen him in years but I want to start talking to him, should I straight up message him saying something like "hey how are you? don't know if you remember me or not but" or how should I approach him without seeming weird and is it considered attractive when a girl does that? is that being confident? what should I do?

What Guys Said 2

• I think it would be confident for you to message him that way, but not weird. I see this type of question from girls on GAG quite a bit. Girls are considering approaching a guy with hopes of romance, but are hesitant.

Only a few weeks ago, I was having a discussion with a woman about music. It was only our second conversation. The conversation had a great flow to it, and she said, "I like this. I like talking to you." I took that as a pretty good hint that she was interested in me, and asked her about exchanging numbers. We did that. Right after that, I asked her out on a date, and she said yes. We went on a great date, and now seem to be on our way as a couple.

As long as you don't approach/message a guy and say something too direct, he should not overreact or think you are acting out of line. It is possible for a girl to strike a balance in approaching guys by being confident, and yet not seeming weird, desperate, or easy at the same time. I think that the line you have in mind is pretty good.

You never know--he might remember you, and would love to hear from you. After all, you remember him.

• If he's extremely far then you can message him. If you know you get to see or talk to him in person say that to him in person not in message. It's never awkward unless you want it to be awkward. So "JUST DO IT".

What Girls Said 1

• Text him hi