Should I take this as "a line" and move on or is it alright that I still have some hope?

My friend Mike and I have been friends for 7 years. We never dated or anything but we have always been pretty close as friends. I never thought of him in a romantic way and as far as I am aware he never thought of me that way either.

Recently, Mike started being flirty with me but he knew I was in a relationship that was coming to an end. Friends started noticing that he was acting like he was interested and would ask him if he was and he would always say no.

One night, after a few drinks he kissed me and told me that he recently started developing feelings for me. I said that I was starting to feel the same way but needed to figure out what I was doing with my relationship.

I wound up going on a break with my current guy and told Mike all about it. He said he was happy that I made a decision and he said he liked how he felt when he was with me and enjoyed whatever was developing between us but was nervous that he was the rebound and thought our feelings weren't real because we never had them before.

Then I got busy before the holidays with my job and I wasn't able to see him. When we did see each other he seemed distant. I asked him why our dynamic seemed different and he said he realized we had too much going on and needed time to figure out what we both want while just being friends for a while. I honestly am heartbroken because I feel for Mike very hard and I took this as he moved on and just is trying to be kind and not say it.

We haven't spoken much since that talk 2 weeks ago but has asked for me in groups when I am not around. We went to a party that a mutual friend threw and we were ok there but I was a little stand offish because I am hurt. He kept staring at me and watching me the whole party and kept trying to get my attention. I don't want to throw myself at him but I don't know how to act. For NYE we both were invited to a party but I don't know if I should go.

Did he give me a line? How do you interpret this and what should I do? Move on?

What Guys Said 1

• If your previous B, f is dick then you should consider it I mean consider He may be flirting with you, take your time to think He is your close friend you may not be able to continue as friends after that, I think as much I hate it but you must upgrade your relationship to friends with benefits and see how he is doing this will give you some idea.

What Girls Said 1

• He doesn't want to be your boyfriend.