She's a major feminist, is it bad to be dating her?

This sounds dumb for me to say, but I am obviously all for equal rights for everybody! But this woman mentioned that she was a major feminist. At first I just shrugged it off and honestly didn't care, but now it's definitely showing. She gets mad at me for stating my own opinion, to the point where she is trying to argue with me about it. Is this healthy or should I stay away from her?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a feminist. I'm all for equality and I certainly think that men should not shy away from dating feminists. We're awesome.

But when someone describes themselves as a "major feminist" it ought to be read as: Female supremacist.

Feminism is a movement to bring women up to the level of men. No further. It's called FEMinism because it's trying to help out the FEMALE gender.

It's odd to me that she wouldn't like you voicing your own opinion. That's oppressive and not healthy. A relationship is an equal give and take - or should be. Both parties should voice their opinions and not be afraid to disagree because they should both be mature enough to disagree and get over it.

She sounds a little... extreme.

I'd leave her.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should f*ck her right off.

Getting into relationship with these types of girls are not healthy for you at all. Everything you do and say is just going to turn into an argument.

You will definitely not be sexually compatible either as she WILL definitely make so many things an issue. She'll cry about how she's not getting pleasure, how you deal with handling her etc. basically she might not even get into oral or appeasing you.

Major Feminist? Although that's the word they use, but has a totally different connotation and meaning. Look for someone normal :) so that you can love each other, give and take from each other and negotiations will be no problem.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm a major feminist and I never do that. All opinion should be respectfully listen to. You don't have to agree and you can think they're stupid but that doesn't make them wrong and you right. True feminism is about equality for everyone and respecting others. It's about being others up, not tearing them down. Shit the other day I was throwing a hissy fit after I watched a news story about another teacher who was "too pretty" to rape her male students. I've also been fighting since I was little for dads to get changing stalls in their bathrooms too. My dad couldn't do anything with my brother or I when we were little. As a single dad that really ruined a lot of opportunities we could have had together to do something fun when we were really really little.

• if she's a feminazi gtfo, if she's an egalitarian, stay..

• "She gets mad at me for stating my own opinion"

that isn't how a feminist behaves. that's just plain dumb. i wouldn't date someone who got mad at me for trying to speak my mind. dump her!

• Yeah it's gotten carried away at this point. I like to give them plenty of chances but she just blew them all away.

• well you're right, women are EARNING less, they're not getting paid less for the same work :p
      Oh that's not mainstream media's input, mainstream media fucking loves feminism lol
      I'm a little hurt that's what you think I'm drawing my conclusions from ;)
      Those are legitimate issues to be concerned with, the problem is "feminism" in the west isn't concerned with them. It's concerned with manspreading, a fake pay gap, sexist air conditioning, mean Twitter comments, etc.
      Feminism applied in the west is a joke, and that's what people on GAG think about it.

• @scruffynateAK nah, i don't think YOU think like that :p just saying the general gag population are... well... americans. and well, as americans, we seem to have a MEMEMEMEEEE complex where we forget about people who actually are suffering IMMENSELY due to gender inequities. i look forward to reading your take though :)

What Guys Said 9

• You have found the master race bruh. If you don't believe me just ask her lmao. She isn't a feminist she is a supremacist , huge difference. Her kind feel masterful and superior to ALL MEN. Do what you like but I promise this won't get better with her

• If she can agree to disagree then it can work. On the other hand if she HAS to be right then beware.

• Run away. You'll have problems later.

• Hold a door open for her and see what happens. Anyway, you should get out of this relationship.

• not really.

• I don't think you even read what I posted... You just read the title.

• You're a major feminist...

• Staying in a relationship with a feminist is pure self-inflicted pain. Dump her and find a real woman.

• Why would u put up with that? Stop being a little beta bitch

• Finish with her emotionally, but keep fucking her by all means.