How to friend zone a guy over text?

This may sound kinda mean but i've been flirting with this guy, and then I decided that I actually don't like this guy anymore and that I can't see myself dating him. I can tell he is definitely under the impression that I really do like him. I don't want to hurt him because he's a nice guy, but I just want to be friends. Help me?

Let me rephrase this because its not what i meant. What i mean by friendzone is i want to stay friends with this guy. I NEVER had the intention of having my attraction towards him fade. My feelings when i was flirting with him were genuine, i was able to see myself dating him. But things change. Feelings change, like mine did. If that makes me a jerk then fine. I don't care. All i wanted was some help. Some f****** advice!!! So if all you want to do is insult me then don't even bother.

Most Helpful Girl

• FLIRTING is okay! Don't think what you did was wrong. This happens. And yes to be on the opposite end hurts too, but I've had worse done to me.. flirting is innocent. I've had guys date me and sleep with me and then figure out months later they aren't interested. This is nothing compared to that.

Flirting is okay and sometimes it helps us figure out how we feel about someone. and flirting is fun and sometimes means absolutely nothing.

just start talking to him like a friend and stop flirting with him. when he starts to flirt, just write "LOL" and change the subject. If he asks you what's up just be like "nothing's wrong". if he presses you, then you can be honest, but depending on how much he likes you, you might lose a friend, either permanently or temporarily. This has happened to me before. Where someone disappears for a few months then they get over it and you can be friends again. Some people disappear forever. And some people just like flirting too and never really liked you much to begin with. So you can just tell him that you really like him as a friend and you only want friendship and you're not really into the flirting thing anymore.

Don't make it dramatic, and don't make it a big deal. Just be honest.

At least you are being honest and considering his feelings. most people don't. you're not a bad person.

What Guys Said 6

• 1|3
    • "Look I thought I liked you but I lost attraction"

If he's smart he'll just move on.

• The magic words to run any guy off are: "You are so great. I wish I could find someone like you to date!" That will just crush him and solve your problem.

• I don't want to crush him though. But that seems like that phrase would work. I don't know

• Ha! Awesome, its the epitome of the female answer

• maybe he feels the same way he can be a flirt for all you know it doesn't mean he likes you. just tell him but expect him to laugh if he is not into you

• suggest doing something that only a freind would do with him. If he suggests that he wants a date tease him about it like you have never thought about dating him.

• You are the reason guys get resentful and bitter towards women later in life

• Well it's too late to not hurt him since you've strung him along. Just tell him you don't like him. Don't friendzone that's just making it even worse.

What Girls Said 4

• Just tell him you're not into him. Simple as that. Don't string him along if you're not interested, especially since you were flirting and leading him on before hand.
    That's a really shitty thing to do and you're a jerk.

• just tell him you like him as a friend and that's it

• you're a good friend to me and hope we continue to stay friends in the future

• Ask him for some advice on something. And when he gives you the advice tell him 'thanks that really helps Me I am so glad I have you for a friend' etc...