Guys, Whats your opinion on a guy dating a girl that is 16 years younger then him?

I have been talking to this guy he is 38 and I'm 23 he will be 39 in about 3 months I've know him for 3 years he is divorce , I'm comtorble when I'm around him , I enjoy having conversations with him. He recently has confessed me that he has feelings for me. I also really like him and have strong feelings for him too but I try too hidde it , I haven't said nothing too him yet what I'm consern is that people will judge me or think im one of those kind girls when I have my own fashion clothing buisness career going I live on my own now. The folllowing questions are. Is it normal that a 38 year old likes girls in their 20's? Is it wrong to like someone with a 16 year age gap?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't care what other think, be happy with yourself.

• PC answer

• @Dave20154 So, do you think my answer is wrong or not truthful or not honest?

Because as far as I am concerned, it is my opinion in that answer. I also write as someone who has dated people older than myself, younger and the same age. Conforming to societies norms does not make you happy, just invisible. It is better to be happy than too conform.

• I'm just sayin' it's pc, yo'ure telling her it's OK, because that's what she's looking for

What Guys Said 19

• Yes big t everything else you say is right too. There is still a lot of stigma attached these sort of age gaps. Far to many people are judgmental about it. As an older guy I will and do get some negativity about these opinions. It can and does work. It's mostly down to the woman though as most of the judgment will be pointed at her.
    Your a young independent woman who you chose to spend time with is your choice.

• Younger women have many desirable characteristics men that age would love. Of course, you are younger and probably more in shape, less conservative sexually, more adventurous, sexier and hotter to him. Many women his age are going to be divorced as well with baggage like children and messy lives due to financial collapse and ex's that may still be in the picture because of the kids. He may also have missed out on dating someone like you when he was your age and is trying to relive those years. I would not think less of anyone who dated with an age spread like that. But I do think dating someone like that is purely for fun. I think it would be irresponsible thinking to believe it could lead to marriage and a family. I am 40. I would love to date someone 25 or so, but I have no interest in getting married and starting a family in my 40's. That ship has sailed. I plan to retire in 15-20 years, not put kids through college! Something to think about.

• I'm an old soul

• @Ryan94 you are so immature, what the hell are you doing in this site? you are a jerk and this is why woman decide to date older guys , Grow up child.

• Is it normal that a 38 year old like 20's... umm... have you looked around? the younger the better... the only thing that seems to stop most is the legal limitations.
    I personally say 10... max. probably because of my parents...
    I can also understand why it happens as well... he wants young and firm, she wants "mature" and accomplished. solidarity. It happens... I've dated older too... many times... but 16 is a bit of a push don't you think? old enough to be your parent.

• "Is it normal that a 38 year old likes girls in their 20s"

Yes.

Is it normal that a 48 year old likes girls in their 20s?

Yes.

Is it normal that a 58 year old likes girls in their 20s?

Yes.

Repeat ad nauseum.

• There a lot of good info when you do a google search for May December romances (relationships) etc. Apparently It refers to a 10-20 year difference in age gap. They are calling it intergenerational relationships now.

I think it can work - but I have never experienced it personally. However I do tend to get along with younger females in just the ways we tend to relate to each other.

Best of Luck.

• well you guys attend to be more responsible and pay more attention and know what you guys want in life , Guys from my generation don't take nothing seriously in life.

• "Is it normal that a 38 year old likes girls in their 20's?"
    Yep. Everyone likes girls in their 20's.

"Is it wrong to like someone with a 16 year age gap?"
    Unusual? Yes. Wrong? No.

• 38/2+7= 26

• You're both adults and if you make each other happy why not. Life is too short to worry about what other people think.

• Women always go for older men. It's natural. My dad was 12 years older than my mum and stayed together all his life. Men like younger women. It's win win. No problem with it

• well you are both adults and single , i dont see why not
    several months ago i also had huge crush with female coworker , she 12 years older than me , i do nothing since she is married woman though ; p

• sometimes you have a better communication with some one thats older then with a person thats from your same generation. lol

• Sorry poor English , i mean , why not?

• keep it that way go for the older pussys

• ewwww pedofile

• YES! lmao thank you finally someone that agrees with me

• It's not wrong, just unlikely to work.

• You both have feelings so give it a try. Don't let other people put you off.

• The only thing you really need to do is to talk more women in to dating us older guys LOL

If you are okay with it, what else matters?

• Your choice. Right or Wrong is not an issue if he's single (yes I know he's divorced) and available.

• Girl please tell me you are joking , a 38 year old ass man is not even worth your time my advice get a guy like me 'young good looking. Now us the young guys have to compete with oldersgrandpa man asses lol shit I'm jelous at them old fuckers

• You are very immature your acting like if you were 14 year old.

• Not wrong but probably won't work long term

• have you had a previous experience before?

• not wrong lol It is absolutely WRONG! same for you keep your old saggy dick away from 20s ladies shit what is wrong with this bitches they rather date an old ass bastard then a younger guy like me , FYI younger guys like the best better looking , old ass shit man It is wrong and it's a sin

• Yikes, just, yikes

• It makes me jealous.

• I know man this bitches want a disgusting old man lol