Do you think it's okay for a 14 girl to date a 18 year old boy?

Youtube couple should I keep it a secret that me and a nother famus YouTuber are dating because he's 18 and I'm 14

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as it is appropriate I think it is fine.

• Seems like most people don't agree with me but I think its okay because my parents were 12 years apart :P 4 years compared to them is a joke.

Most Helpful Girl

• No because that's a huge gap for being teens. She is still young and trying to find herself. Maybe wait a few years

What Guys Said 20

• No it's not OK. That's too much of an age gap at your age.

Plus, that can be outright illegal. The term "jail bait" didn't come from nowhere. Do you want him to have a record for the rest of his life as a sex offender? Do you want him to be forced to register with every state he lives in? That's a public record. For the rest of his life his neighbors can (and will) get online to see a list of all the sex offenders in their neighborhood. Nobody will want their children near him. They won't want him living there at all. He won't be allowed to live anywhere near a school, and maybe not even go near one.

He's an adult now. No more children's rules. If he gets caught doing anything at all with you, the authorities are going to play hardball.

• When I was 18 I wouldn't have touched a 14 yo. You're underage!

• What the hell? HELL NO. Are you tryna get raped, killed , tortured? Shit ask your mother that and she'll fuck you up child.

• no, but a 4 year difference when you are older is fine like if you were 18 and he was 22

• No. That's two different worlds. A 4 year age gap is nothing when you're older. But a 4 year age gap at your age is huge.

• Depending on where you live that could amount to something illegal.

• no, it's illegal

• No. That's a very large age gap at that age. He's ready and looking for sex. and you shouldn't be.

• No, an 18 year old is about to experience the real world but a 14 year old just got out of middle school. Way too different. And if you did anything sexual it would be statutory rape.

• noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Hope you two to be happy : )
    Love is beautifull.

• Personally i don't think it's a big deal. But you should be capable to defend your interests.
      You know what, if the guy tries to control anything, or change things about you, dump the guy.

• No. It's not right.

• No. These ages aren't acceptable.

• Depends on where you live. If 14 is legal, then go ahead.

Usually, ages 16 up are "legal" in some European countries, 18 up in most US states..

• No if u were my daughter dating 18 year old man I would kill man.

• Noooooooo
    wayyyyyyyy

• No problem with that , but i think 14 girl have to be careful

• That makes me jealous.

• if i have a dime for everytime this question is asked, I'd be a millionaire by now.

• I think morally I'd be ok with it, but the law thinks differently, so be careful and maybe wait until you're legal as it were.

What Girls Said 24

• No! Sorry! NO!

• No. Not only is that illegal but, trust me, there is a world of difference between 14 and 18 years old. You might think that you're mature and you're ready for a relationship with an older guy but a 14 year old still has so much growing up to do, physically, mentally and especially emotionally and, in my opinion, it's just too big a jump between the ages for you to develop as you should right now.

• No I honestly don't not because it would be considered illegal but because the mentality, wants and needs are completely different.

• No, but that's just my opinion.

• No. You're still young and have so much dating to do and he's at a point where I'm sure he's dated enough already and is leaning towards something else in life. He's an 18 year old boy who probably wants sex and I believe 14 is too young for that. 4 years isn't a bad age gap, but when you're older is when that's okay. Also, he can get into a lot of trouble for dating a minor if you aren't careful. People don't care nowadays. Think about it. When he's 21, you'll be 17. He's going to go out to bars, meet girls and have fun; doing things that you can't do with him. I think you should find someone closer in age, sweetheart.

• yeah, not much of an age gap

• There's a huge gap in maturity and development between a 14 and 18 year old. Dating an 18 year old would almost certainly mean the exploitation of the 14 year old. It's a bad idea.

• Not at this age. Once you are 18 it's fine to date him. But currently you are too young and he could go to jail.

• Ok, yes. Smart? Hell no.

• Anything over 2-3 years at that age is usually a bit much in my opinion, you're in high school and he's ready to go to college so you're at completely different areas of your life. I've seen 15 and 18 dating, but the 15 year old turned 16 a month after the 18y/o turned 18, so I don't think that's too bad.

• No. I think both of you guys are dumbasses for considering it.

• I am glad i met my guy when i did.

We are 5 years apart. In highschool he would have been 17 and me 12 lol.
    Thats not creepy 😂

• I think it isn't fair, but u are in different stages of ur lives.

Id be careful.

• No, not at all.

• No I think it is odd and illegal.

• 14 is under the age of consent while 18 is not, so it's illegal. The age gap is not that big but a 14 year old is too young to be in a relationship.

• No that is really not OK in a lot of ways

• No? He is an adult

• yes. If you both care for each other the age number should not be a problem

• Yes but u have to know about pregnancy

• As long as your relationship is appropriate. And some people may judge or suggest that you hold off because he's an adult and you're still sort of in your early teens. When I was 14 I did not know what I know now. But if you guys go out you need to make sure that there's nothing sexual because at least in the US, an adult can't have sex with a minor. And you're a minor because you're under 18

• If the parents are ok with it.

• No, its not at all, illegal indeed. IF you two are sexual or perceived to be, he could get arrested, charged with statutory rape, put in jail and be registered as a sex offender,

• Most likely not considering you're a minor and they're technically an adult.

• Absolutely not. 14 is a child, 18 is a man.