Why won't guys date me?

Whenever I talk to a guy that thinks I'm cute they never want to date. All they want are hookups. But whenever any of my friends meet guys that think they're cute they start dating. Whats up with that? I mean I don't think I'm ugly but I know I'm not the prettiest either. I'm not socially awkward with guys either, I can keep a conversation going.

Most Helpful Guy

• Relationships are a lot of work and some guys just want the pleasure...

What Guys Said 10

• Well you seem normal enough so I can't see why they won't date you unless you are very picky going for the top line guys that really just aren't ready to settle down and feel they can get enough hook ups that they don't need to commit to just one girl.

• Next time ask those guys who just want to hook up with you.

• can't think of a nice way to say this so whatever.

guys usually just wanna bang the lesser good looking girl out of their options, and would much rather commit to the prettier girls.

not speaking for all guys

• My attempt was a desperate reach, but you went straight for it.

• Who's puppy is that it's so cute? And what about the pretty girls who they get into a relationship with who lose their looks as they get real old?

• @queenmariereigns just a picture I grabbed from google images :P

• Maybe there's something about your personality that's putting them off. Without knowing you, I can't really assess what that might be.

Another reason why is because you dress in ways that make you purely a sex object in their eyes. When you frequently wear miniskirts and short shorts and are rather voluptuous, it's hard to not immediately think about sex. As a guy, my instinct is to want to have sex with that girl, not get to know her.

My advice is to work on impressing guys with your personality rather than showing skin. Also, don't expect much from guys at parties or clubs.

• I don't show skin that's the thing. And I'd say I have a good personality

• I don't "target" guys. Whoever i end up talking to at the moment I get to know as friends

• Where do you meet these guys?

• So basically you're saying you hook up with guys that don't care about you. Which is better than not even second look from a girl much less even touching one in years which is probably true for a good 99% of the guys on gag myself included.

• Question, why are there no girls like you around where I live? IT's exactly the opposite

• Start putting out

• Just trust at you self , and be sure the one day you will find the right one

• Where do you meet your guys? At the same place your friends do?

• Because guys are not entitled to date you?

• I have a feeling you go for the really good looking and popular guys. Definitely.

• And all girls do but I try to get to know the guy before I start anything

• Because those guys just wanted to hook up and you didn't seem down for that. And I meant to say you ONLY go for the really good looking guys and popular guys.

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe you're meeting the wrong type of men. Don't hook up with them if thats what they want on the first meeting or if they say "come on babe" or make fun of you if you say no (whether its the first meeting or the 10th date). You're a pretty young girl and I can't see why they wouldn't want to date other than personality issues. And I also doubt you have issues with your personality. Maybe you're not spunky or spontaneous enough. I know guys really like adventurous girls with humor. I'm sorry but keep looking you'll find your man 💪🏻😉

• maybe you're trying to hard, you should loose up a little bit and try to dte more casually instead of jumping into a relationship from the get go, be more casual and things may develop that way

• I'm not to be honest. I talk to them casually and they are usually the ones that flirt

• He doesn't owe you a date he has the right to say no!