Is it weird that I found this inappropriate?

I've been seeing this guy for a couple of weeks now. He is slightly younger than me at 25 and I'm 29.
We were at dinner and he told me he'd showed his friends a picture of me and that their responses was that they would "totally bang me" I've been out of the dating game for a few years but I thought it was such an odd immature thing to say.
Guys I've dated before have said things like my friends think your pretty or too good for them.
He backtracked suddenly and said that's not just why I'm seeing you?
Am I just being weird that it bothered me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's immature, of that's what you're looking for then keep him around. If not then walk away

What Guys Said 1

• well... these days there is a difference between men and boys.. there are lot of boys but not many men who will treat their dates with respect and honor. A wise man said "Show me your company (friends) and I'll tell you what kind of a man you are". so you know.. date a man who will respect you and honor you.. not the one who will allow their friends to say "That they would totally bang you" ...

What Girls Said 2

• No, that's a really weird thing to tell someone.

• Kind of weird that he repeated verbatim what they said. Most people would edit that statement to make it more palatable.

• That's What I Thought he could have said his friends thought I was attractive not that they wanted to bang me.

• Not That I Have Noticed Before. I just wonder if it's immaturity or something else. He tends to call me by nicknames like babe and sexy. A few times he has also called me a girl which I immediately told him I was a woman not a girl
      I'm the first older woman he's dated his ex is only 20 and he meet her when she was 17.

• It could be a bit of immaturity but I don't think it's insurmountable. You two just need to sit down and talk about it. You were offended and you should tell him why and how it made you feel. Use the I method: when you did (action) it made me feel (emotion) because (reason). I would love if you did (action) instead.