How to get out of a date?

I am going on a brunch date with a guy in a few hours. Or first date he wanted to do brunch and see if we hit off and then do New Year's Eve. I have totally changed my mind about him and I did agree. How do I get out of New Years Eve with him when I already agreed?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not appropriate to back out now. He can't even ask someone else out at this last minute.

If you ABSOLUTELY can't stand this dude,. then just say you're sick or something.

• I'm going to brunch it's NYE I'm wanting to get out off. I know brunch could go well, but I've really changed my mind and want to get out of tonight

• I know i would hate it if a guy did this too me. Arg I wish I could just say no in the first place

• Maybe I'll get lucky and he will agree or not think it went well

Most Helpful Girl

• Why did you change your mind?
    You see, there's always a chance that it will be amazing... But who knows if you don't go?

• I met someone else and I am going to brunch because it could go well I want an excuse to back out of NYE. It's not that I want to spend time with the other guy he's not even in town I just really like someone else and don't want to have an NYE date with a guy I don't want to date

• Well not really I mean I just moved here, and it's or first date so me not going out tonight is my own issue with feeling guilty. I'd rather tell him anything but that

• It's bad that it's last minute. But if he respects you, then he should appreciate your choice... Just tell him that because you're new in town, you want to first experience New Years your own way. Or something along those lines

What Guys Said 2

• Say your parents died

• Be honest with that guy. Backing out of anything sucks for the other person no matter how you approach it, but you shouldn't do something you don't want to do.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him honestly up front, so he is not lead on. If you make an excuse like you are sick, etc.. then he will continued to contact you. You have to be straight up. He may be hurt now, but he will be more hurt in the future if you lead him on and waste his time.