I have a feeling girls don't think highly of my occupation?

I wouldn't do it if I didn't make good money. I have a small lawn care business in which I generally make around $35-$40 bucks an hour on average, but I think girls hear lawn care and think i'm broke. lol Should I just tell them how much I make, like for instance when i'm on a date? Now of course I don't get paid if i'm not working, so there has to be plenty of work, but if you do good work that's normally not a problem. What do you guys think? I hate to lose girls just cause they think my occupation sucks.

Most Helpful Girl

• You have the wrong idea, son.

I have this friend. Long story short, his father was old and wealthy, and died and left him a fortune when he was in his early 20's.

He bought an expensive car but kept it hidden, for the most part. He took all his dates in his beat-up VW Rabbit. He told them the truth, which was that he was unemployed and going to school part time. Because that was the truth.

Remember, this is a guy who had, like, $26 million in the bank.

He is now VERY happily married, to a woman who had no idea about his money. No idea at all. Until she got preg and WHAM he bought this big house. With cash.

Think about the kind of women who would have chased him, if they'd known he had $26 million in the bank.
    Yeah.

--

You see my point?

Tell them you're in lawn care. If they run away, fuck 'em. That's not what you want, anyway.

Or just say "I run a business."

Or, whatever.

There are lots of women who just want a free ride. If you can make them run far, far away by telling them what you do, THIS IS NOT A BAD THING. This is a good thing.

They're not even good in bed anyway. Trust me, I know a few guys who have fucked everything that moves. Women who love money don't love sex. It's like a universal law.

By the way, are you incorporated? Do you split the money between paying yourself and keeping it in the corporation, to minimize taxes? If not, you're probably paying the IRS at least 10k/yr more than you have to. (Assuming you live in the states.)

• It's taxed twice when you do it that way. It's a sole proprietorship.

• That was always my plan when I would ever be rich. I wouldn't show her my wealth until I'm sure that she choose for me as a person

• @Hercules073 ^^ Winner right here.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol yeah man to be honest it sounds poverty. Not impressive by any means. I've never told a woman my income on a date.. didn't know this kind of thing happens. I drive for uber man.. full time engineering student though. About to get a brand new BMW 328i. Getting my own place soon. Saved money and I trade stocks. I would never tell a potential hook up I drive for uber though lol. I tell them I just trade stocks full time. It's all about selling yourself. After you have done that anything can come out of your mouth and it will sound sexy.

You're 26 man so you are really at a prime peak of attractiveness as a man.. You are making money and you have developed into your body and have muscle maturity. You are PRIME bro.. Women want you. Just sell yourself bro. Girls do care about status.. the girls who say they don't are either lying or are truly unaware of their biological wiring.

by the way I've found that if you do something for money that you don't like it's best to fake it. I was delivering pizza at pizza hut before. I tell people it was the best job I ever had lol. It actually was. Was delivering pizza while I just got into bodybuilding. Tailored my uniform all tight and shit lol. Met my girlfriend well ex girlfriend there now and we were hooking up on the clock all the time. She would roll out on deliveries with me during her break and we would fuck. I had so much confidence at the time I was pulling numbers left and right. People were requesting the buff pizza guy with glasses to deliver their pizzas and I made bank in tips. Dude I pulled more pussy in my life when I was delivering pizza than I was any other time in my life. I acted like I loved it and people bought it and they loved me in return.

I did sales at LA fitness for a while. Shitty job tbh. I made the best out of it though. I fcking went 100% at it and hustled. I would chase people down at the stores when we would setup in front of Sprouts to sell memberships. I sold more than anyone EVER has in that franchise first month. In other words I broke the first month record of any other employee in that franchise. People told all their friends about me and I got them hookups.. Even know I was scamming them for commission lol. Oh well bro business is business lol. I got offered a weekend manager position over there but I declined because I was about to get into law enforcement and the academy was starting soon. I made people excited man. When I talked about work people envied me..

• So what I'm trying to tell you is if it comes to you telling a woman what you do for living then just act like you are fucking annihilating it... like you love what you are doing and are in top tier of the industry. Act like you love it even if you secretly hate it.

What Girls Said 18

• "I hate to lose girls just cause they think my occupation sucks."
    See that as a good thing. You're WEEDING out girls that are judgmental and shallow. :D

• If they lose interest because they don't like the sound of your job then they aren't worth investing any time in, obviously they are just shallow or gold diggers. You shouldn't have to try to impress people with how much money you make they should like you for who you are not how much you make.

• You don't need to tell a woman how much you earn. But like others have said, try saying that you own your own business or that you are in landscaping. It sounds a whole lot better than lawn care.

• that just means they are narrow-minded and it doesn't matter how much/little money you make. as long as you can buy basic necessities for living then you're good to go. At least you have a job at all, and if these are the women you're talking to then they don't matter. Date a woman who doesn't care what job you have.

• do u really want a girl who cares more about ur salary than ur personality?

cause thats what u will be attracting if u tell them that from the get go

• I hear small business owner or entrepenuer,

• No i wouldn't tell them how much u make. If u do that that means your going to attract the wrong type of girl that only sees you for your money. When you meet the right girl she won't even care when you tell her. It just shows that so far the ones you have dated and looked at you like your broke are only interested in money. And that's not what you want down the road is someone always with thier hand out. If your looking for who's into you.

• I think it sounds cool, I don't judge a dude based off of his occupation and I don't assume how much money he makes either (mostly because my dad is a plumber but he makes hella lot of money).

• I got tired just reading lawn care no dont tell them how much you make you shouldn't even be telling them what you do thats for last

• I think women think highly of men owning any kind of business. It's not like you're a minimum wage worker working for someone else. My sister is married to a guy who has a landscaping business and I always thought highly of him for having his own business. Also have you tried calling it landscaping? Or is there a difference between lawn care and landscaping?

• What? Why would should you tell them ho much you make? Let them leave, they weren't into you for you. Your trying to find a partner not buying/bargaining for women.

• Shit that's a lot of money

• A girl who actually is interested in you won't really give a shit about what job you have, contrary to popular belief on the man's part. I'm talking about the majority of girls, minus the selfish princesses who expect everything to be bought for them.

• I mean, do you own the business? If so, then I would emphasize that fact

• To get the money your occupation implies no education no intelligence

• I think you pick the wrong girls and overlook and friend zone the ones who wouldn't mind how much you make or that you work long days and come home tiered.

• I can see both sides of this from experience.

I'm more comfortable with blue collar guys cuz my dad was a highway dept worker, so that part doesn't bother me if he's still intelligent.

BUT after dating a self employed tree trimmer... You don't know what you're getting into with these types of self initiated jobs. My guy talked a big game at first, but it ended up that he worked 2-3 days a week and his crew would pretty much just do enough to score some booze and weed. His car kept breaking down, his phone got shut off - both of which made it hard to communicate/get together. After a month, he started dropping hints about moving in with me. That was just too much. He was unstable.

I don't need a rich guy, but I do want someone who can take care of themselves.

• So making it clear that you can - having your own place, for example, can help ease her fears that you'll try to milk her for money.

• I see. Well I'll try and elaborate more on what I do instead of what I make.

• I hear you have your own business

What Guys Said 23

• It's none of their business how much you make. Just tell them that you mow lawns, or have a small lawn care business. They don't need to know any more than that. No need to make it look like more than it is.

This is exactly the example I use many many times about how easy it is to start a business. People think it takes tons of money when it doesn't. I've seen it over and over again when somebody starts with nothing but a lawn mower. Then within a couple years he has a nice pickup, pulling a big trailer full of expensive lawn equipment, with a few employees. I knew one guy who was clearing over a thousand a day by his mid twenties doing that.

Part of the problem is society's view on this kind of thing. Too many people think that you need a college education to make a decent living. It's not true, but a lot of people think that way. So when they hear about someone who takes another route, they are conditioned to think there is something wrong with it, even if that route is faster and more lucrative. Girls are going to think like that because society thinks like that. Fortunately not everyone does.

• 1) Don't build an unreasonable expectation of what your income is. After expenses, taxes, insurance, and business investments, what is your yearly take-home profit? If you don't know this information, your accounting sucks and your business is going to struggle in the future. Saying you make $40 an hour had better mean you are comparable to someone who grosses $80,000 a year with their job, probably more if you consider the insurance their employer likely has over them at work and any benefits they have (like profit sharing/401k management, bonuses, and offering an insurance plan that they pay part of.)

If you can't honestly say that you are at that level of income and job security/stability, then you're bragging. (Hey, it's only human) But there's nothing good about acting like a sailor on payday, shaking fistfuls of money at the local girls when you know it's not how you actually live. And if you know? They probably know, too. So don't get taken advantage of or scare away the good ones because you over-represented who you are.

2) Why would you hate to lose girls who look down on you? Especially if you end up in a position where you're ultimately above them? (i. e. Your business becomes really successful and you can provide both financial resources as well as personal resources like your time, attention, and energy in abundance.)

• well you knock about $10/hr off for taxes. Same with everyone else.

• Not everyone else: tax brackets/withholdings/deductions

What do you net after everything else in a year?

Also, what are the consumer price and rent indices for where you live?

• ok I see.

• " I own my own business, what do you do?"

her response is gonna be "I'm a ---- what type of business"

"It's a professional landscaping company" .

Don't say small landscaping company cuz every 13 y/o boy had one of those. And if you say professional thats more prestigious

• thats a pretty good hourly rate, but how much you make in a year is what matters. Either way, just establish your self I guess, how long you've been in business, worked hard, clients happy and get referrals, bla blah

My good gym buddy is similar to you, he has a lawn care business and seems to do alright (except for the living with his dad part but whatever) and he dates all the time. So I think it's just how you approach the topic.

• Just inform these women that you have a small business and you make $80,000 a year. That sounds better.

• I don't know the reaction you've gotten in the past, or what you've told them. But why don't you try a more modern title for your job.

I'm the CEO of a horticultural servicing business.
    I work in botany.
    I'm a cultivation specialist.
    What do I do? Oh I'm a Alluvium Designer.

Something like that.

Personally if a girl is judging me by my job she can hit the bricks anyway. Shallow girls are a deal breaker.

• The only girls you'd lose are not good just gold diggers. I wouldn't want a woman who would pass on my because of my profession, job, etc.

• You say, "I own a lawn care business!" Now watch out for the gold diggers.

• "I own my own business" sounds better then "Lawn care" don't you think?
    Then when they ask what kind of business say "Landscaping"

It's all in the presentation my dear man,

• If I'm not mistaken, girls USUALLY don't care what a guy does or how much he makes. I wouldn't suggest saying how much you make, especially if you make quite a bit and you are in a public place. That could put you in danger if someone bad overhears you. That's why people normally don't say how much money they make.

• Why not just say you own your own business?

if they ask what kind, you can say the kind and the money you rake in.

• I disagree with those who say you should just tell them you have your own business. The next question will be what does your business do. I wouldn't say Landscaper if all you do is lawn care. Landscaping sounds like a bigger operation (trees, bushes, patios, etc). I would just tell them what you do.

It is also none of their business how much money you make... unless you are starting to get serious about getting married. Then you should be having a talk about how much each of you make and how you are going to pay the bills, etc. Otherwise, it's not really any of their business.

You want someone who will love you for who you are. Someone who cuts grass. You don't want someone who only loves you because you make $35/hour.

Do you live on your own or with your parents? If you live on your own and they can't see that you evidently make enough money to support yourself, then they are not the brightest lightbulbs in the box.

• Why don't you tell them that you are using the profits to invest in real estate...

That's what I do with my pressure washing and painting business...

I understand your situation, but I can also see from their perspective why they wouldn't be impressed with someone doing unskilled labor their whole life and slaving like a dog every day...

• Maybe say landscaping instead?
    And if they roll their eyes say, "it's not bad money etc."

• Sod them, your job is your job. If you're really bothered be creative with your job, ie just describe what you do.

• "i own my own landscaping business that's doing pretty well right now"... problem solved.

• I work in Subway bro, and I get laid. Lie if you have to, but most of the time that won't even be necessary.

• If a woman cared about that, good riddance

• Just change the subject, this whole 'what do you do?' obsession is pathetic.

• We live in a world...

That's all I got, sorry.

• You must want a golddigger

• "I have my own landscaping business"

• Uh are you Mexican? Maybe that is why they flee from you.