What do you do about a good kisser without actually telling them they're bad at it?

A guy kissed me yesterday, and I am not sure if it will ever go anywhere, but anyway, he was... pretty awful at it.
He opens his mouth too much and uses way too much tongue! I gently took his face, pulled away and started again, trying to kiss him slowly and showing him what to do but he didn't pick up on it.
It isn't that he has no experience! He dated a girl for around a year and I know they kissed and did other stuff but I know she was his first kiss. Regardless a year of making out isn't a lack of experience.

Anyway what can I do!! It isn't a huge deal or anything. It isn't a deal breaker. But I would like it if he was better... but he's got low self esteem and I don't want to make him feel bad

Oops the title is supposed to read "bad kisser" would like it a mod changes that

What Guys Said 1

• You might have to tell him the way you like to be kissed. Each girl likes to be kissed differently. Maybe that girl he dated liked those wet sloppy kisses. Not all girls liked to be kissed liked that. I don't think he would be offended if you told him because I bet he would like to try and make you happy.

• I don't know if I could do that.

• Ok if you can't do that. Maybe try to take the lead again in kissing him. And maybe he might catch on.

What Girls Said 0