Am I that boring?

Me and my boyfriend both still live with our parents, him being 21 and I being 22. Everytime my boyfriend comes over to my house he falls asleep and then sleeps for hours. I try to wake up him but he's very hard to wake up. It makes me feel like he's bored over here or like I'm not important enough to keep his attention. He's not the type of guy to take naps either, like he never falls asleep like this at his place even when he is exhausted. I've talked to him and told him it makes me feel shitty and boring when he does this because my ex always did they too but he always says he's not bored.

I spent all New Year's Eve tonight talking to my mom because he fell asleep on our couch and refused to wake. When he finally woke up he quietly just sat there and used his phone, then got up and went to my room and fell back asleep. I feel like this was the most hurtful considering it was a holiday and he literally slept through the whole thing. I don't really know what to do about it anymore. Am I that boring?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ever considered using a cattle prod to wake him up

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• Seriously that bad if he just falls asleep all the time with you there it is proberly because he tired or doesn't know what to do he wouldn't have lost interest in you and if he has he's a horrible person just talk to him about it because the problem won't become better any other way x

• yes, you're that boring... giving an actual answer, who cares? if he want's to sleep, let him. you're the 1 making the big deal out of it and coming up with your own conclusions.

• You should do something naughty with him when he's asleep. Maybe that'll wake him up from his fake sleep.

• Don't know.
    More details needed.

-Outside your house - does he do that? (Phone stuff?)
    -Can he act all normal on your house? He might be suppressing his normal activities because he's shy/afraid of your parents?
    -What do you do to entertain him?

• Outside my house he doesn't use his phone that much. He usually has football on at his house or he will be on his computer or playing on his xbox or watching netflix. The only gaming system I have is an N64 which he loves playing with me so we could have easily done that. I just like talking about random stuff so we do that a lot too. At his house he tells me all about his work day and a bunch of stuff. And he loves my parents, we have been together for a little over 2.5 years so there's no reason to be shy around my parents.

• Ok.

He seems that he could converse and has a hobby.
      What about you? What do you usually talk to him? Just the general, incase I'm sort of invading your privacy.

• He could have had a hard day or it may not be peaceful at his house and when he comes over its perfect nap environment so it's easier for him to just fall asleep

• This is what you say.

"I want to go out"

• Maybe he is tired.. does he work?

• sorry hun this happens sometimes

What Girls Said 5

• Wow - I truly am very sorry you're having this experience.:( I wish I could reach out and give you a hug. Honestly, I have no idea why he could be doing this. The only thing I could think of is maybe he's decided he's not really interested in a serious relationship (I know that can be really hard to hear). His behavior is very strange & I'd feel highly frustrated and used, too. With guys, they usually will say what they're thinking, so his "not bored" answer could be true - it might be that he's too focused on himself and needs to be much more selfless. There could be the very rare case that he has an illness and it's affecting him. But since the negative feelings/pressure is strong (and I totally would feel the same!), you will have to take action. I would suggest asking a few older persons for advice. And maybe a few of his friends. It sounds like you've already taken as much action as you know how to do. I truly wish you the best.

• No, he is the one who is boring. When he woke up he could have talked to you instead of using his phone, but he didn't.

• I would consider setting yourself a New Year's resolution.. Dump him and move on.

• Girl! No way in hell would this happen to me! GIRL LEAVE HIM! Pleasse! He probably want to break up so he pulling this BS! I wish guys would use there words sometimes!

• Tell him once again why you have a problem with this tell him every little reason just incase its not sinking in and then tell him that if it doesn't stop or he can't at least explain you will dump him I have a friend who lives with his mom and his shitty girlfriend lives with them at night he text me till 4 am saying how he can't sleep his mind is busy and he just can't fall asleep when he comes over here he always falls asleep with in an hour because he's comfortable over here and relaxed so I jist let him sleep i always try to give the benefit of the doubt but in your case it's tricky I doubt your boring him if you where he wouldn't pay attention to you other places but no matter the reason a problems a problem and if its bothering you and he can't rectify it you should probably let him go