Is it strange I think a 9 year age gap is too big?

I know a girl who's 16 and is going out with a 25 year old guy. I find it fucking creepy, am I the only one who feels this way?

• OMG yes he's a creepy pedo
  • Meh, it's only 9 years, in the middle
  • NO, 9 years is fine
Respond to this situation, not 9 years as a whole

Most Helpful Girl

• 16 is still a child to me. No way is a teenage on the same wave length as a person in their 20s and 30s+... they don't have enough life experience and that is not a good match. However, if a man or woman is 30, and dating a 39 year old, then I don't think it's that bad.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah it's creepy, she's in the middle of high school and he's an adult. 9 years isn't that big an age difference when both are adults, but kids' brains and hormones are still maturing and stabilizing until our late teens/early twenties. Plus what does a high schooler who's only just learned to drive have in common with an adult who can legally drink and has probably been living and working on his own for years?
    The most popular search term on pornhub is "teen", so apparently this is what plenty of guys like and fantasize about. But that doesn't stop it from being creepy af.

• Well, I suppose it depends. I know plenty of 16-year-old WOMEN who could shred a 25-year-old BOY to pieces... and I also know plenty of 16-year-old GIRLS who should really spend a few years getting their own shit together, and would be woefully unprepared for a 25-year-old MAN.

It depends. Really depends.

• No its not. Giles are mature than guys and can start dating at a young age.

• I agree. It's *super* creepy. There is something wrong with an adult that is interested in children.

• Well she is underage and he could go to jail for child pornography (if nudes) and rape if they have sex. itd be different if she was 18

• It's super creepy

• My parents are ten years apart from each other.

What Guys Said 11

• At the age of 16, she should be dating someone no older than 18 based on the half age plus seven rule. Twenty-five is creepy as fuck.

https://www.easycalculation.com/fun/dating.php

• That's ok when you get older, but in most places that's not even legal at her age. The only girls I've seen doing this were dati ng total creeps that couldn't get anything better so they settled for a highschool girl.

• 16 and is going out with a 25 year old guy. Seems a lot.
    36 and is going out with a 45 year old guy. Is feasible.

• yeah but in this situation do you think it's strange?

• That's how I see 16 yr olds *now*.

At 25 I considered 16 the frontier below which I'd never go, the kids. Over 16 they became good enough to look at. That was the Law back then.
      Problem was theoretically they were 'old' enough , but I *never* met one drawing my attention. I just was too picky. I just didn't realize how picky I was.
      Under that age they were non existent in my world.
      Now they're coming over as 'pupils' to me.

• Maturity:
      Now I understand why I was so picky that I didn't meet a 16 yo who I considered 'good enough' even if l considered them "over the kid phase".

• I find it creepy only because the girl is 16. Otherwise, if she was 18 then it would still be a little weird. But not as bad as a 20 year age difference - or even 15 year age difference for that matter.

• What the hell does a grown man want anything to do with a high school girl in the first place?

• got to wait till at least 18

• I think he is desperate for sex and she is a gold digger.

• My dad was 34 when he met my step mum when she was 17, they have now been married 15 years and have 2 kids together. They are the perfect couple and extremely happy. There is nothing creepy about love and happiness. Get over yourself.

• well don't think like bad but take forward as LDR

• If I saw a guy that old dating a girl that young, I would arrest him for 3 charges of pedophilia and plant find his stash of weed and press extra charges for that.

• Lol at the girl who said girls are more mature. That 25 year old and 16 year old are messed up.

• It's true tough. Girls develop much sooner than guys.

• They actually don't. They just physically stop growing faster. Mentally they are just as immature as guys and women who think different are immature to think so.

• Being passive and having the guy lead doesn't show maturity. It shows passiveness.