Girls, No facebook account?

Is not having a facebook account a dealbreaker for you?

I'm really surprised with the responses here but I'm pleased.

24

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind as long as he truly does not have it. If he is keep some secret account with his many exes and girls, then we have a problem. No social media makes me think well of the guy.

• Interesting. So how come most of the world are on fb yet most people here have said its not a problem or they don't have it themselves? I thought not having it made me look like I'm unsociable or whatever?

• A guy recently told me his friends thought he was old for not having one, but I thought, good he doesn't feel like exposing every little thought to the world. It means he has less of an ego.

• I agree. Thank you

What Girls Said 23

• This is a neat question. :) It's definitely unusual when he doesn't have one, but my first reaction is "Hmmm... that's interesting... I wonder why?" - I'm not threatened by that. I guess it just depends on the girl's view of social media - if it's a must for her, she'll probably view that as a dealbreaker. But if she's rather casual, it probably won't matter all that much. The whole point of FB is to give someone a first-glance at their life - which can absolutely be done, just through good 'ol talking! Plus, there's the added bonus of more conversation! :) Best of luck!

• My husband doesn't have one.

I will probably get hate for this, but, Facebook is girly. Sooooo girly. Hi! Omg haven't heard from y'all in almost an HOUR! Cute puppies! Let's have aimless chat!

So girly.

For a man NOT to have Facebook is a huge huge huge plus. Unless it is strictly a business facebook.

Big plus.

Big big plus.

• I don't have a facebook either! Not with my face anyway!

• I prefer it; in my experience, social media basically creates new issues to be had in relationships. For example, when I was with my ex, he liked a photo of an attractive, scantily clad girl, which showed up on my newsfeed. Some people might not care, but I personally found it disrespectful of him. It was really kinda "in my face", and I would have preferred not to know that he is looking at other girls' photos.

• Yeah that's what I think too. BUT, wouldn't you rather have found out than not? If not he could be doing this all the time & you'd have never known?

• Not at all. I don't think facebook is an important aspect of a relationship.

• Not really, if you don't have one then that's your decision.

• It's not an absolute deal breaker but I would widely prefer it if he had a Facebook account. It's a very good way to communicate when we're not together and we can keep in touch with their news (Pictures, status...)

• Not really, but having some kind of social media presence is preferable. LinkedIn, etc.

• It would make two of us. I would really like that

• I feel like I'm losing touch with friends because I don't know whats going on. They put everything on there rather than texting, ringing or seeing me in person.

• My friends are like that too. They basically post their life on there. I don't think I'm really bothered by that. But if they need want something, they can text or ring me.

• No, its not a deal breaker at all. Its even better, you don't have Facebook. No, new girls to send messages.

• People think you're boring if you don't have one. Like you're trying to hide something?

• No that's dumb I don't have fb but I have instagram and its never bothered my man. He has fb and instagram and its not an issue for us

• That's stupid. The question is not stupid but the answer is ridiculous. How is that could be a dealbreaker.

• I would marry you now sight unseen on that fact alone.

• I don't think I could give less of a fuck

• yessssssssssssssssssss

i want to talk to you when im not on here

• No, I don't have one either :p

• It's fine. That's not a deal breaker.

• I hope not cause I don't have one.

• There's nothing wrong with it.

• Of course not, I couldnt care less, is just facebook lol not a big deal

• Lol. No way. Facebook is stupid.

• I don't have a facebook account, so that would not be a deal breaker for me.

• No, because I'm not on Facebook. Everyone who I care about contact me via text or we ring each other. I don't want random people from my past or strangers requesting me as a friend. Plus, I couldn't be bothered with giving updates to the ", world" about what I'm doing or where I'm going.

• That's exactly what I think, but it appears I'm disappearing off my friends radar because I'm not on it either, so I don't know whats going on. Why should we have to go on fb to see whats going on? Why can't they ring or see me in person?

• I think were in the minority, BUT, there are a lot more if you did a search on here. Thank you

• You're welcome! 😊