Is constant hate the price of dating interracially?

I started dating a guy who is mixed black (but obviously looks black) and I'm a Latina that looks mixed and a lot of times when we go out not even holding hands or doing any sort of PDA I get the DIRTIEST looks from middle aged black women. Even black men give me weird looks sometimes too. Is this normal? This is the first time I've ever dated interracially.

@anon Your unecessary comment about whether or not I'm as pretty as the latina depicted. What does that have to do with my question? Lol and also, excuse for what? I'm not trying to prove anything at all. Step off, anon. 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• You might be getting SOME looks, but you might be imagining a lot of it.

Still... whatever. Whatever. Who cares.

I am most mixed pony. I am 1/4 of four different things. No matter what, I am dating "interracially". Don't give any fraction of a shit.

Here's my suggestion:
    I suggest that you are paying too much attention to random middle-aged black women, and not enough attention to YOUR MAN. Girl.
    Solution:
    (step 1) move eyes away from middle-aged black women.
    (step 2) move eyes toward man.
    (step 3) give man some lovin'.

lather, rinse, repeat.

let the haters hate.
    <3

• oh, also, if you are getting dirty looks, it's probably because you're hot as hell.

because... mixed latina.

we're pretty hot.

What Guys Said 10

• I had no idea that this was so much of a problem nowadays. My condolences.

• It's normal. Every interracial relationship I've had was met with glares from black ladies. Some even have the nerve to try to step to you when you're with your girl. Post-racial society my ass. . .

• I'm not surprised...
    When I went on dates with Latinas and a white girl, we got stared at often

• Yes racism is one thing you will face for sure.. So ignore it...

I am saying this cause I have heard these type or complaints from people who date other races...

• I seriously doubt anyone cares who you date. I've seen every combination you can think of and i never once cared. People should date whoever the hell they want. Its no one elses business who you date. Good luck with your relationship.

• They're jealous. Remember that humans are technically animals. We have instincts and we prefer our own groups. Obviously they find your date interesting, and look at you as a threat to their group.

• It seems like it.

• Maybe it has nothing to do with your colors people give me dirty looks all the time... I'm not gonna assume its because my color. If I made assumptions like that people would give me dirty looks more often..

• no not hate i wouldn't say hate but it is weird

• How cares what other people think as long as you're happy

What Girls Said 11

• That's never happened to me. Maybe I just don't give a fuck though... They aren't the ones my focus is set on. My husband has brought up men staring at us, but again, I've never noticed. There was once when we crossed path with another interracial couple (black guy/white girl) and me and the other black guy tipped heads at each other with smiles of acceptance. Lol

• Ignore them. Some people accept interracial dating and others don't. If you're happy don't worry about what anyone else thinks. Good for you for being open minded enough to date interracially.

• Everyone will look at you funny. That's the way society is there is no way to avoid it other than to be oblivious to it. The choice is yours you can only change yourself

• I have no idea why that's their problem. Ignore those people as they are not worth your time.

• you just have to ignore them

• You still have people that are stuck in the stone age. You might not get it everywhere you go. But if your into him then don't let it bother you. Those are just some people that are small minded.

• I hope 2016 will be more progressive

• Who cares, just live your life. If anyone criticizes you for this, tell them to fuck off

• Ya people get jelous if you ask me thinking "hey that guy or girl is dating my race/or isn't dating our race" and get all mad about and it's sooooo annoying, like mind your own business you pricks

• I never had this problem while dating interacially.

• I doubt you look as pretty as that latina

• That's a random stock photo I pulled up because it's relevant to the question. So salty. 😂😂😂

• Salty about what? Sounds like a childish excuse

• I don't recall encountering this when I dated an Asian guy, Latino, or black man. Then again, we didn't really pay attention to what others did or said. We liked each other and so did our friends and family, so that's all we cared about. Maybe it's the area you live in?