How to get past such unpleasant feeling please?

Hello, one month ago I've asked out a girl and she told me that she has a boyfriend. Since then, I keep on obsessing over her litterally despite the fact that I never took her on a date because she is taken already.

She sits next to me in biology class, and she remains next to me even though that I've asked her out.

However, it really hurts me so deeply in my heart. It has been almost one week and a half that we took Christmas vacation and I still think of her and I am being impatient to go back to university just for the sake of seeing her.

I do not know what to do anymore, I really need to get rid of such a feeling.

Kindly provide me some guidance in this situation, otherwise I'll remain in the dark and keep suffering.

Your help is essential, thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not easy to get over this sort of thing. Maybe try not to sit next to her for a start. Move yourself if she comes near.

It sounds like a cliché but I find the only way to get past these things when they happen is to keep busy doing other things.

I think when as a girl, this happens to me - I end up trying to change myself, go buy nicer clothes etc... which obviously is never a good idea and is a waste of time when I know they have someone else/aren't interested. I don't know what the male equvilent of this is... but don't do it. Unless its just to make u feel better in yourself.

I think with these things, you can only 'move forwards' not 'move on'. Just take each day as it comes and hope for the best. There is no quick fix unfortunately. Just try to focus on other things and not obsess.

• Once our vacations end, I'll probably try to get some distance by moving to another seat.

Well you're the second person to say that making yourself busy is the most efficient way to stop thinking of her. I guess I'll do my best to have less free time to think of her.

I tend to go for a shopping and buy new clothes when I want to make myself more "shiny" in her eyes, despite the fact that as you said it is useless. We have something in common lol.

Right now, I'm literally obsessing over her to be honest. I'm stalking her social media, which I shouldn't. I have to stop to do that, not an easy task though.
      Tomorrow, I'm going to go hit back the gym. This will probably help me to forget about her.

Thank you for your help :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Time is the greatest healer but while you wait for that to happen, you need to distract yourself. Get involved in one of your hobbies; if you don't have any, get some. Read books. Go out with friends. Play games. Even take a little road trip if you've got the time.

The reason you're obsessing is because your brain doesn't have enough to do. Give it something to do and this will get a lot easier, I promise.

• I guess I'm going to focus again on my workout, and build my muscles. I assume that it will help me to forget about her, and to focus on other things.

Thank you for your help, I'll try to make my brain as much busy as possible ;)

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Been there, done that.

The answer is distance, time and distractions, my friend.

If you really like her, you will continue to feel like this for a long time, sorry. Given that, you really should just distance yourself as much as you can from her, for your own sanity, and find as much distractions as you can, for they will keep you busy and help you forget momentarily about this.

And please, PLEASE, don't stalk her.

• This is exactly what I plan to do. I'm going to focus on my workout, and make it my main goal for the time being. Thus, I'll be able to forget a little of her and make myself busy.
      Hoping that it won't take a lot of time to forget about her.

In the beginning I was really stalking her to be honest, but by now I've started little by little to cut any kind of communications with her so I'll be able to forget her more easily.

Thank you for your feedback dude :)