Dating Etiquette?

Okay so every guy that I've ever been with has always had a problem with the way that I don't like guys paying for my stuff like if we're in a serious relationship then I can understand but like this new guy that I'm seeing I wanted to go out on a date with him but he doesn't have the money or cuz he just started his new job and its oval will just go out to eat I'll pay for it or will go see a movie my treat I don't mind and he was like oh hell no I'm not taking you out and having you pay for it and that's just how I am I'm very independent I pay for my own stuff I spoil my man and I'm not used to getting spoiled does anybody have any advice on this topic and experience what can I do to make him feel like I'm needed like I want to feel needed by him when in reality I rather just spoil him

Most Helpful Guy

• It's girls like you I like and guys like that I hate. They ruin it for the rest of us with their misplaced pride and old ideals. You go girl.

What Guys Said 7

• I'm with dude here. It's not at all like we feel your incapable of paying it a level of pride we have. It's very gratifying for us to spoil or Ladies Wherther or not it's a date or SO. It would probably help you both if you have a sit down and explain to him exactly as you have here. He will at least understand you point of view and not maybe see it as a sign of rejection ( however mild it looks )

• When I invite you, I pay for you. It's not because you are a woman, but because I am inviting you. If I invite a friend I would pay as well.

• Hmm... If I only met you :( my ex was total opposite of you, pissed the shit out of me. To her I was a wallet and a taxi.

• I understand why he could feel uncomfortable. If this was happening to me, I'd feel indebted to the girl.

I think if you just sit down and tell him how you feel about paying for stuff, and reassure him that if he really wants to, he can spoil you one day ^^

It's logical, if he doesn't have that much cash and you both want to go out on dates, that's just the way it's got to be ^^

Just my thoughts :)

• Just tell him you believe in equality and generosity and sharing, that it feels good to treat him and, if he plays his cards right, he'll have plenty of opportunities to treat you.

• would you have a problem with opening his doors?, buying him flowers?

• Men paying for their dates is a nice gesture, but no longer necessary.

What Girls Said 2

• Plenty of guys would kill for a chick like you. However, if he wants to pay and he's insisting, just let him. Maybe say something like "the next one's on me." or something like that, just to let him know that he won't be paying every time and that you wouldn't mind paying either

• I was the same hun til mine got a job. He just needs to let you go at your own pace. Talk to him about it, explain why and gradually you'll just compromise here and there so it is equal and no one has a reason to argue