Are more women "manning up" because some men are becoming overly sensitive?

I've noticed on GAG some guys want the women to be the man in the relationship while still holding onto their gender title. Some of the women on here don't seem to mind as well being the dominant in the realtionship. Is this a type of role reversal or a mom complex?

Some of the examples are the passive aggresive myTakes and questions asking why women aren't asking out guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nice subject. Or is Masculinity under attack maybe not even wanted. Is feminism crushing masculinity.
    I think modern young men walk a very difficult tightrope between the two.

Maybe your referring to more of the sexual make up sub/dom this does work for some men they even desire it. I think your right there are more women who enjoy being Dom. Or sharing the roll in a switch relationship.

• In regards to "is Masculinity under attack maybe not even wanted. Is feminism crushing masculinity" I was actually wondering that as well.

• Hah hah, no problem. It was a good point to bring up.

• Glad you appreciated it hope you get lots of opinions. I will watch with interest😆

Most Helpful Girl

• So many guys now have become afraid to approach and interact with girls these days. Those kind of MyTakes and questions are evidence of that, They want to be the "man" without doing the work that makes them a "man". I think there is a kind of role reversal that has taken hold over time, feminism and other things have contributed to it. Though girls deny it and continue to hold onto the hope guys step un within the traditional mating game. Many more girls now are single and lonely because of this.

• Good points.

• Thanks. I do think women are "manning up" so to speak and becoming more assertive and aggressive to go after what we want in life, but we're still women when it comes to dating and gender and prefer that to be the case that men should be also. That aspect hasn't really changed in society. Guy's aren't used to it.

What Guys Said 15

• Society as we know it scoffs at true manhood. I'm old fashioned because I stick to my beliefs, I'm boring because I'm not out smoking dope, I'm mean because I have protective instincts, and I'm a biggot because I don't give excuses just because someone is a minority.

So essentially, young men are not becoming true men as often anymore. Because of this, there are lots of situations where the woman has to "wear the pants"

I'm not saying that's here's anything wrong with a woman asking a guy out, but more and more it's not because she wants to, but it's her only option

• I guess the equality train is catching up to society.

Not every man needs of feel like he has to be a super hero, strong in every situation and hide his emotions. There is still stigma for the men who no longer hide their emotions though.

And women more and more feel that they don't need to be a damsel in distress but actually take active charge of their life.

The "asking out" and "paying" scenarios is a direct response to equality where equal rights also entails equal responsibilities.

• Feminism isn't crushing masculinity. It never could.
    But beta males don't look to alpha males for guidance. They look to society for acceptance. Right now society tells them to stand back and give women more space.
    And since beta males are wimps, they kindly do as they're told.

• Hmmm, interesting point.

• Think about your wording for a minute... what does "be the man" mean to you in that context, and why?

There's nothing male about being the dominant one, or vice versa! Why should the male be the one to make the first move? You seem to confuse masculinity with dominance - in my opinion, an obsolete and unhelpful stereotype we should get rid of.

Why aren't all men dominant and all women submissive? Well, why aren't we all straight, or dark haired, or vegetarian? It's silly, archaic thinking to believe it's somehow wrong for women to take charge.

• I don't think more women are "manning up". I think there's a lot of guys and girls who want to get from point a to point b but don't know how to get there.

• what you're saying is true,, its part of the culture that men are thought since they where little boys so its hard too break from it, im still breaking from it myself,,, a lot of it is gone now,, but you gotta understand a lot of guys are raised by single mothers, what the heck does a women know about being a man nothing she doesn't understand, mothers are raising there male child too be a bitch,

unfortunately I didn't understand this until my later years in high school cause you know its you're mother you love her and believe her, but you know what there's actually a whole movement on this men are starting to talk more, just like the feminist movement there's gonna be a male version not sure when its gonna pop up in full force but it will

• Your first paragraph makes sense. They do have a Mens Rights Movement but it needs major work.

• In what way? Just curious.

• pay attention too what these women are doing, now question how is this gonna stop rape how is dancing half naked in the street gonna help?, and on top of that who do you think this is pointed towards MEN

women are angry at us for something we didn't do, some asshole does this and they blame all of us now im not saying all women are like this but there's many, and its a cycle they treat us bad for what someone else did, and what do you think is gonna be mens vision of women when they treat us bad, where gonna being too hate them and dislike them, I know deep down inside these women are good but there stupid, they dont know what there doing there following the flock, than we got the men that agree with what there doing. who we know is some creepy weirdo who is just looking for pussy where not stupid where men we know, fact is women aren't making it easier for us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhdBkPFoOwQ

• I find both men and women are afraid of their gender roles

• no women are manning up because men no longer want them.

• too many hos and single moms in the dating world. those women are not worth manning up for.

• Still posting with no source? Nothing new from a liar.

• why do you keep calling me a liar?

• Don't know about all that girls should be at home cooking and cleaning

• I think many men have the, 'you asked for it, you got it' attitude about gender relations.

• I don't think asking people out should ever be a mans thing, everyone should take some initiative if they like someone.

As for other things, all I've noticed is lots of men like the idea of being dominated, but loads of gitls like that too- in fact I asked this question here and every girl who voted said she wanted the man to be dominant in bed.

Maybe have a night each? One night he is dominant, one night you are? Sounds fair ;)

• No they aren't. They'll be swells of women declaring they ask guys out when they like them but those are a fraction of the women in the world and they most likely only ask out the top 1% of guys deemed most desirable OR think that smiling at a guy or saying hello counts as making a move/asking a guy out.

You also need to examine your idea of what a 'man' is and a 'woman' with your outdated ideas of gender roles.

• So what is your idea of a woman and man since my ideas are outdated.

• Avoid what making assumptions on what a gender is 'supposed' to be? Either you like the person or you don't. if you need them to be a certain way you expect that's fine but don't think that's 'right' just because you demand/expect that of them.

I'm open to women who are not as gender roles expect them to be and men to not be is pretty much to be.

• Your are still avoiding and not answering.

• Sounds like someones bitter about the prospect of actually having to pull their own weight in life.

• Sounds like you're the bitter one here.

• Oooh she got me there!

• I think a lot of guys have been brought up being told they should be the same as women, there are no differences between men and women, and that any sort of assertiveness is bad.

For the most part, unless they got in practice and confident at it, most men NEVER liked asking women out or being the responsible one in a relationship (being 'the man' is only all benefit if you're an asshole, if you care about people it's a responsibility). That responsibility used to be pushed on boys who were groomed to take it, and feel they were better and capable of taking it. And they received some perks in response.

Now they're not.

• I know many women like to fuck their boyfriends in the ass and control every aspect of the relationship...

They basically lead their SOs. Yes, more women are stepping up to the plate... but not because of men. It's just that women aren't supposed to be submissive anymore

What Girls Said 3

• THANK YOU! You said that beautifully!

I think men in this generation aren't manning up enough. America is becoming too sensitive and it is because we are so sheltered.

I don't think Feminism should change a a true gentlemen. I think true feminism creates more gentleman.

• Gender roles are breaking down. The person who has the dominant personality will lead the relationship these days.

• So assertive women = bad, right? Is that what you're trying to say?

• No

filler

• @DBAOracle darling, I have over 14000 opinions. You have hardly seen any of them.

• Shouldn't that be a good thing that I've hardly seen any of your 14000 opinions?