A friend that I revealed feelings for and was rejected by at the same time that I got cancer seems to want to reconnect after years of not speaking?

Long story short: I assume a friend and coworker has feelings for me and I embarrassingly reveal feelings through a written letter. Creeped out, she asks for me not to work shifts with her, so I immediately quit the job. Later that same week I'm diagnosed with cancer. I recover over 5 months and boss invites me back to work after girl moves to another job.

6 months ago she started acting more friendly than she did shortly prior. I ignore it and leave her alone. I work with her siblings and run into her parents often and I'm polite but distant with them even though they go out of their way to be nice now. I'm also still good friends with her best friend. She continues to try to get my attention, but I brush it off because I want her to directly approach me if she has anything to say.

Now this workplace is going out of business in two weeks and she's come back to work one last time. I don't work shifts with her by request, but when I run into her she still gives me a look and seems to want my attention. I want to know what she's thinking but I don't want to approach her about it, and she seems too afraid to do it.

Will I have to approach her (again) if I want to resolve this, or should I wait and see if she approaches me before work closes for down?

Most Helpful Girl

• if you still like her. blowing hee off just to get back at her would be stupid.

Most Helpful Guy

• Fuck that shit man, don't be a doormat!

What Girls Said 2

• Don't reconnect. Her reaction wasn't appropriate for someone who was supposed to be a friend.

What Guys Said 2

• Go for it, what do you have to loose? In 2 weeks the business will be shut down and you probably won't see any of them again.

• Ask her to dinner and just see if things will reveal themselves