Girls, Why do you casually mention a "Boyfriend" to a guy you just met and had a normal conversation with ?

17

Most Helpful Girl

• In my experience, i've had guys do that to me too. Usually it means they either want to make it clear they are off the market, or that they aren't interested.

But it could very well be just as simple as she does a lot of stuff with her boyfriend so he comes up in conversation.

• thanks. Have you casually mentioned a "boyfriend" to a guy you were attracted to?

• Not really. I'm usually on the receiving end of this same behaviour from guys who have a girlfriend though.

• Cool. Thanks for your patience. Good luck.

What Girls Said 16

• I wouldn't mention my boyfriend casually and without purpose.
    If I bring him up and refer to him as my boyfriend versus just by name, it's generally with the intention of sending the guy I'm talking to a message that I'm neither single nor interested.

• Thanks :)) Have you casually mentioned a "boyfriend" to a guy you were attracted to?

• yeah mostly. Some classmates from uni or guys I just meet while working out

• nice :)) I would love to be your friend if you don't mind. I find you really nice :)

• I do cause 95 percent of my stories involve him. That's what happens when he's been around for the last 8 years of my life haha we've gone on lots of adventures. It's simply impossible not to bring him up.

• thanks :)) have you casually mentioned a "boyfriend" to a guy you fancy?

• No I haven't.

• thank u.

• If something comes up in conversation that relates to a story about my boyfriend, I'll say "oh, my boyfriend..."
    It's not like I'm "name" dropping that I have a boyfriend lol

• Thanks :)) Have you casually mentioned your "Boyfriend" to a random guy you were attracted to , while having conversation?

• I said I wouldn't say I had a boyfriend in hopes he would get jealous. I wouldn't want to make a guy jealous if I already had a boyfriend, that's just creepy and sociopathic

• oops.. sorry :P I appreciate your thoughts sweetie :)

• Um I think to make it clear guys do it too and when they do I'm thinking seriously do you all think I'm going to hop on the first penis I see it's funny tho clearly people think I'm a sksnk

• thanks. haha. Have you casually mentioned a "boyfriend" to a guy you were attracted to?

• What are you high no back when I was in the shackles of a relationship if I was attracted I wouldn't have said it but I was a little bit of a skank so who knows man

• cool.

• To not be accused of leading a guy on.

• thanks. Have you casually mentioned a 'boyfriend" to a guy you were attracted to?

• that makes sense. Thanks for your patience. Good luck.

• No problem. Thank you, and I wish you luck too!

• yeah only if the guy seems like he is flirting and I really do have one OR When I am just not intersted in him.

• thanks. Have you casually mentioned a "boyfriend: to a guy you were attracted to?

• when I have to yes

• cool.

• It's a gentle way of telling someone they're taken and thus not interested and to please run along.

• Thanks :)) I know you love alien-space cabbages !!

• We do that as a shield. If we don't like you we have an excuse. If you don't like us we show you we didn't like you first. Like two children in a sandbox.

• People in academia think my way

• I want to join academia too !!

• I talk about my boyfriend a lot he is a very large portion of my life also it could be to make sure they're not trying to make a pass at you

• thanks :)) Have you casually mentioned a " boyfriend" to a guy you were attracted to?

• does your behaviour seem different even though you act like a normal friend around him?

• They just want to make it clear they're taken. I don't usually say it unless I feel like they're trying to hit on me. I never want to be that girl that just says "sorry I have a boyfriend" when a guy just says hi, but I do want to make it clear I'm not interested.

• I feel like it's a way of saying "I'm taken so don't even bother trying ".

• girls love sharing and we are open about that stuff

• cool. Maybe we should meet up?

• joking.

• Because I like to make sure he knows I'm taken and also I I just talk about my boyfriend a lot

• Thanks :) Have you casually mentioned a "boyfriend" to a guy you were attracted to?

• I always try to be friendly

• thank u for your patience.

• Because we want them to know we are unavailable.

• If you want to have a full blown conversation just message me guy 😂

• you are so sweet :)

• They just want to show that they are taken.

• Wow !! You are sweeter and sexier than what I thought :P

• Aw thank you haha

• Considering I do a lot of stuff with my boyfriend I'm sure he's bound to come up in conversation. It's not like I'm trying to throw him out there though. I don't do that unless I feel the need to, like if the person is trying to flirt with me or something.

• thanks. Have you casually mention a "boyfriend" to a guy you were attracted to?

• Nope. I believe in this thing called commitment and being faithful. I don't search for hot guys. I have my own already.

• cool.