How much is to much, when it comes to an age difference?

I met him when I was in fifth grade, and he was student teaching; he subbed for my class, and since then, I've had a crush on him. I'm now a Freshman in college, and he is now teaching at my former highschool, he's been there since I was in my Sophmore year there. Since then, we've become good friends, to the point where we've given each other nicknames. He's probably in his thirties by now, I'm not exactly sure, and I'm about to turn ninteen. I know that's a considerable age difference, but he's just so nice and wonderful. I visited my highschool almost immediatly after I came home from winter break, and he was one of the first people I went and talked too. When I saw him, I basically jumped him, and he just picked me up, like it was nothing; he ended up having me sit down and talk with him for a while. We talked about everything; how school was going for me, how school was going for him, if he was going to travel again, how Thanksgiving went for both of us, how stuff was going with my family, how stuff was going with his family, etc. He even remembered the last time we saw each other, which was during the summer, at an ice cream shop (where we hugged for a while, and were playfully bantering with each other the entire time). By the end of the conversation (the bell was about to ring, to signel that school was over), he asked me if I was going to come back, and to keep him updated on everything that was going on. Then he was like 'Give me a hug', which I did, and while he was hugging me he said 'You look good____'. It was really cute, and it was just really nice being able to talk to him so easily. I'm not saying that anything is going to happen, seeing as I go to College almost three hours away, and also becasue I don't even know if he's even thinking about this. BUT, theoretically speaking; if we did start dating, would the age gap be to much? Or does it depend on maturity level and whatnot?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It's whatever you're comfortable with! You don't date people based off of what other people think, at the end of the day its your choice! My boyfriend is currently 12 years older than me, and no one really thinks much of it. I certainly don't

What Guys Said 2

• tl;dr- 1/2 your age +7... or your age -7 multiplied by 2.

• You're both of legal age in adulthood, if you both want to date each other, go ahead.

What Girls Said 2

• I just want him to be damn legal! Damn it!

• I don't think the age gap really matters. Love is love. That's all that really matters.