Girlfriend lied to me?

She has lied to me in the past, but only apologizes when I point it out to her. But this time really got to me, she made it seem so easy and she didn't even have to think about it. She liked some guys picture on instagram, so I calmly told her you know that kind of bothers me. She got upset at first and defensive but I got her to put her walls down by just talking things out. She told me she knew him because he is dating her friend's little sister. I direct messaged him and he told me he was single.. I mean why not just fess up and tell me the truth?

I can't help but be bothered then this.. It makes me start to think what else she has lied to me about...

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes people make the mistake of lying thinking it'll prevent an argument. They think it's easier telling a lie even if the truth is innocent. The problem is , when someone you trust lies to you... all their truths become questionable.

If she lies consistently I'd be concerned, because if someone who is supposed to care about you finds it so easy to lie, then they have no respect for you, and they think you are fool enough to believe them

If someone lies to you once it's a warning, twice it's a lesson but anymore that you are letting them take advantage of you. Talk to her , set boundaries and don't settle for lies.

• I've caught her in about five lies that I know of. One was involving another guy that was a major lie that I forgave her for. Two others were small lies that she fixed. One was another major lie that caused all of my friends to dislike her because she lied about what someone said at a party. And then there is this lie.

• That would certainly concern me. I hate being lied to. It's okay to forgive people, but not for the same mistake over and over. Her apologies mean nothing if she keeps repeating the same thing she is apologising for.. which is lying.

People treat you how you allow them to treat you. You have two choices, either accept the way she is... because liars never change. Or leave and give yourself a better chance of one day meeting a girl who values honesty.

Most Helpful Guy

• What else has she lied about is the ripple effect. It always follows when trust is broken by catching a SO in a lie. The fact that she did it straight faced and without hesitation tells me she is comfortable with it. A person doesn't get good at something with out practice

• If you can't trust her dude it's time to hang her in the wind. No future with a lier

What Girls Said 1

• You posted this earlier and like I said she knows she was in the wrong so therefor she thought lying about it would help the situation, its just plain sketchy.

What Guys Said 1

• I say fell her to find you when she really loves you. And break up with her. Lying is a total deal breaker

• Lying is my biggest pet peeve, it bothers the hell out of me. She's lied to me a five times two times were very serious.

• Should play the song ("another me" by the cab) for her and walk out on her