Is it OK to date multiple people?

I mean like casual dating, nothing serious yet. So I haven't dated much in my adult life and I usually date one woman at a time. I recently met up with two women that I've chatted with online and I like them both and not sure which one I like more. Is it OK to go on casual dates with multiple women if you're not sleeping with either one?

Most Helpful Girl

• Great question! And this is the trickiest scenario of all. Honestly, there will be guilt about dating multiple people. We naturally (and it's a good thing!) want to be exclusive. But agreement and your word means a lot - if you haven't given those, and you're not lying to either, you are not bound to be exclusive. Think of it as getting two know 2 different friends (although the relationship goal is deeper, of course) - I don't think I'd feel responsible to let each know I was in a friendship with another. But if you do feel bothered or shady, you are more than entitled to let them know. And they might actually be okay with this. Best of luck!! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• If you tell him that it's not serious right now or make it upfront you are not looking for a girlfriend, or use those words, then yes, it's fine. The reason is the expectation of being in relationship is not there; thus, you can't be held accountable for something that you never agreed to do.

What Girls Said 9

• Yes, you're dating it's not official and you're not in a relationship. It's just going on a date. It's like when you sign up for online dating and you meet multiple females (or males) until someone stands out from the rest.

You will never be able to be in a relationship without going on dates. You don't have to tie yourself down from the start :)

• Yeah, absolutely. Unless you're exclusive (and you've had a discussion about it and what that means to each of you), you're free to date as many people as you like b

• Of course. You just have to be open with the other women and let them know where you two stand. Such as let them know you're dating and testing the waters.

• Of course it's okay. Everybody on this website thinks it's important to have a girlfriend or a boyfriend. Normal people date multiple people. This boyfriend girlfriend crap is spreading like a disease. In the real world out of high school perhaps even out of college people date around. You'll never know the variety of people out there.

• as long as you're honest with everyone involved I see no moral issue.

• If you haven't committed to anyone yet, I don't see a problem on this matter. You are looking for the right person so of course there will be more than one person to be dated.

• it's ok even if u sleep with them

• As long as you tell them about it

• It varies person to person. Since it's not serious and more casual, some people are totally okay dating more than one person. I think in your case it should also be okay, so you know which one you get along with more. More dating, more getting to know them.

What Guys Said 11

• Not sure why others are saying let all the women know. It's dating, you meet people and see what interest, likes/dislikes, beliefs & values they have and see if they are worth your time and effort.

Nothing is wrong with dating multiple people. Only way to find the best fit for you.

I do have a personal rule: I only sleep with 1 women at a time. Never under any circumstances will I sex different women at the same time. I pick the one I care for the most and trust the most to sleep with.

• Of course it's fine, you're DATING. It isn't a relationship yet.

As long as each party knows, you're fine to date as many women as you like.

• Dude, it is even ok to have a relationship with both, aslong as you are honest with them. Polygamy is perfectly natural for humans

• There is absolutely no expectation of exclusivity absent a conversation in which both (all) parties agree.

• Yes if you're not lying about it nor leading them on.

• Yes, as long as you are clear to both parties that you aren't ready to be exclusive yet.

• Yes, as long as you aren't being exclusive with anyone and you aren't having sex with anyone either.

• I don't like the idea of it. It just would feel wrong to me.

• Its OK to date who you want when you want just remember they all have Dads brothers, uncles, etc soo treat her like a queen always.

• yup, as long as you're not serious with any of them

• As long as they know