Is it alright for a 27 year old to go out with an 18 year old? Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• All the best marriages I know -- "best" as in most harmonious, most efficient, least quarrelsome, bla bla bla -- have age differences of 5 to 14 years, with the guy being the older one. So you are RIGHT SMACK in the middle of that. Smack dab.

Of course that's marriages. Serious hardcore long term. LOL.

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls I've talked to have said they find guys like that creepy. I personally wouldn't do it. Like others have said it's a maturity thing so if the guy is a little behind for his age and she's a little ahead for her age then sure it might work. She's probably not going to bring him around her family anytime soon...

• But in case you haven't noticed the girls your own age and other ages too, they also find guys that don't match the definition of a prince or have loads of money creepy. Creepy isn't age related.

What Girls Said 8

• Sure. It's not against the law.

• I think he can?

• I think it CAN work out, but it depends on the personalities of the people in question. Most 18 year olds are pretty immature.

• I agree with you there.. though girls mature quicker than boys.. I wasn't even interested in girls until I waa 18 lmao.

• I've seen a lot of females older than me and males too that are pretty immature.

• Of course, her friends and family will negatively judge, while others will be happy for her. In my opinion, it is legal and if she likes you, then there is nothing wrong with it.

• this ^^ isn't necessarily true. I know a lot of families, especially, that would be elated to see their daughter with a somewhat older guy, especially if he seemed like a stand-up guy.

• @redeyemindtricks I guess I am mistaking my family with yours. Best of luck.

• Well the 18 year old is legal age.

• Depends on how mature that 18-year-old is.

• If they wanna be together I don't see why it would be.

• She may be more immature than you'd prefer once the lust factor has worn off. Think of how much your life has grown since you were 18. It's very unfair to expect her to be in the same place mentally, so approach this with caution.

• Not half as unfair as it is to ask guys her age to go off and die in some war.

• I agree there, too.

What Guys Said 19

• Yes, it is legal.

• Yes, have fun.

• sure it's okay. she's legal... if you both have the same interests and she's mature enough for you, go for it. 9 years isn't that much... not it seams like a big difference but with every year it will get less important. my dad is 10 years older than my mom and it worked perfectly fine too.

• Yes of course not a problem at all

• I don't see why not. She's legal. Have at it.

• I wouldn't have done it when I was 27.

• 4 years is the limit in my book.

• What has age got too do with attraction?

You are only concerned about what other will think or say, don't be.

• I've always said that I shouldn't date under 21 and I now stand by that again

• Ohh and it's alright if you really want to.

And... there are always exceptions depending on the individuals of course

• Isn't the Latvian one 18 or something?

• @Levin that's why I said exceptions! She's the last one I'll ever make an exception for!

• its perfectly ok.

• It's alright. But the problem is not the age itself rather the mental maturity. It's hard finding girls under 20 years old to be mature enough for a relationship, but I guess dating and trying things out would be fine.

• Ideal, in fact - if they don't mind her dominant higher mental/social IQ over a younger guy...

• you are both of age and if you like each other and its consenting yes its ok

• nothing wrong with that aslong as she is not underage then age difference does not matter.

• Not one things wrong with it, go for it.

• Nah, just respect her...

• Just because it's legal, doesn't make it ok.

• well I'm 26 and my girlfriend is 18. Age difference was never an issue. When both people are adults, it's the maturity that really matters instead of age

• Oh yeah.. Alpha bro.. Younger the better. (keep it legal tho ;) )