If a girl isn't great looking can confidence, and personality, make up for that with guys?

• Yes it's true
  • Nope

Most Helpful Girl

• Not always we find other ways to deal with that

Most Helpful Guy

• Girl needs to reach average looks-ish. After that I find that personality and confidence can more than make up for it.

I'll easily pick a 6 with a personality I enjoy over a 9 with one I do not. Not because I'm a nice guy or anything but because liking someone bloody makes them more attractive.

What Girls Said 1

• I sincerely doubt it - guys are really focused on what's on the outside...
    Too much so to ignore it completely.

What Guys Said 3

• Confidence and personality are huge, i mean it's all important. especially confidence, that's unfortunately not as common as it should be. So yes, however, looks and physical attraction are absolutely critical too.

• I think the idea that confidence can suddenly make an otherwise unattractive person become attractive is clich├ęd bullshit. I'm sure it happens in some cases but for the most part people who are confident are usually at least somewhat attractive already.

I'd probably date an insecure beautiful girl over a confident ugly one and I'd bet most girls would date an insecure hot guy over a confident ugly guy.

• Not necessarily confidence, but personality. I'm a pretty big advocate against lots of confidence because I truly believe that the best girls aren't the ones with the most confidence, but the ones who are the nicest, friendliest, loyal, and most hard working. A girl with too much confidence could be hard to get along with, and sometimes confidence and selfishness go hand in hand. A girl with a big ego is never fun to go out with, and what guy doesn't like complimenting his girl and getting a genuine response (rather than an "I know"). But if the girl is those other traits I mentioned then I could probably get around her looks. I didn't think I could ignore looks, until I met this girl a couple months ago who wasn't the best looking, but to this day is still one of the best most likable girls I have met in my life. It is very possible for a great girl to bypass looks.