When was the first time you realized you were in love?

Most Helpful Guy

• The first time I realized I was in love was when I met this one chick at the swimming pool when I was 14. I know. Young to be saying "in love". But I still dream about her, 11 years later. Despite myself

She worked at the local swimming pool, teaching 3-5 year olds how to swim. My dad had gotten me the job when I was 14. So, I started teaching there. I don't know exactly when, but there was this point when I was fucking around in the shallow end, on our break. We got 15 minute breaks every hour.

And I was with a male coworker my age, talking. She was fixing to dive off the side, into the 5FT part of the pool, like 25 feet away. We had to swim 500 meters per week, so she was doing that. The guy was talking about how ugly she was, because she had self-harm scars on her legs and arms. But I was instantly hypnotized, at that moment. Hypnotism is the best term I could use, I think. I stood silent under his reproaches, as she dived into the pool. All I could do was stare. She wasn't the most attractive chick at the pool. There were several waay hotter. She was more pretty. Average, I might say. But absolutely stunning, to me. She just caught me for some reason. I think that moment was when I knew I was "in love". No matter what girlfriend I got in the proceeding years, I always thought about her. She was always interested in other, bigger guys, though

I still think about her with fondness and experience pain in not being able to see her; and look to the past with a yearning for a different outcome. Significantly less than a few years ago, however. Still have pics she gave me; threw all other girls' pics away. She ended up getting married to a cop and having a baby boy when I was 18. She came over my house, ended up doing things b4 her marriage. As for "doing things", she knew I was always into her--even when I went through 5 or 6 gfs while I knew her. I did ask her out a couple times, but she always said I was a important friend. But I have no idea why she decided to do that. No idea. Confused the hell out of me. Still does. But I was the most nervous I had ever been in my life. I think that's also how I knew I was in love

I ended up dating her friend who was also a year older. We dated for a year and a half or so. I knew I was something like in love with her when we spent some time together at the pool; I gave her a piggyback ride around the building while we were smoking cigarettes. But it was nothing like the other girl. I still loved her very much, too, though

• Wow... this is such a touching and amazing story. I'm sorry for your loss of her and the confusion she caused. I'm glad you've had some good experiences, but I hope you're able to find a fulfilling love. by the way - your writing style is impeccable! I really enjoyed reading and felt like I could picture what happened! My best wishes to you! :)

• Thanks. You too.

What Guys Said 9

• I have never been in love. I don't wish to be in love either.

Yes, I do believe in love, true love but "I never want to be in love" if you can understand what I mean, it's hard to explain.

• When she rocked up out of the blue, after not seeing or speaking to her for a month and I realised then... that or when I first spoke to her, I can't quite tell when

• I was in pre school. There was this cute, shy girl that for some reason made my heart beat faster and I'd feel awkward around her. One day she got ill and stayed at home for a long time. At the time it felt like months. then she came back shortly before the end of the year dance and the educator said she would be my pair. I got so happy for some reason I couldn't understand. I was so confused. But it felt so good to hold her hand as we danced. I still remember her name :)

• When I was 23. That was my first relationship. Unfortunately, she ended up cheating on me with a 60 year old asshole. :(

• Wow... what a way to learn to dislike relationships. :( I'm very sorry that happened, though.

• Well, I'm really glad to hear that... good for you - that takes a lot of work and maturity to get back to being happily single. :) Best wishes!

• Thanks a lot! I actually have a lot going on in my life at the moment. i need to be professionally and financially settled, before I can date again. Wouldn't want to lose my focus at this crucial juncture! :)

• When I saw her and couldn't breath/take my eyes off her. When I only could think of her. When she's not there and I still reach out for her when I'm sleeping/waking.

• Really in love... a couple of years ago.

• I am not sure when it was but it was a big mistake.

• i was 17... she was perfect

• ... Never...

What Girls Said 5

• When I couldn't even function at work because I really wanted to know how he liked feta cheese

• Wow - I don't think I've ever laughed this hard... love what you wrote!! :D Yeah, we can be weird sometimes, can't we? :)

• Glad you found it amusing 😄 I never did find out either (kind of a hard thing to work into conversation lol)

• When I was 17 I was totally in love with a guy from my art class but it wasn't mutual 💔 Took me over 2 years to get over it haha.. Basically until just recently when I fell in love again and this time is actually IS mutual 😌☺️

• Man im still reeling from realizing im all outta love

• Hmmm... that's really hard. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time.

• Yaeh but dont feel too bad be happy that i have réalisés i got ta love me first

• My freshmen year of high school...

• When I wanted him to be happy even if it wasn't with me.