Should I stay with someone who never wants to get married or have children?

I actually am being cautious because he is a so called bad boy. He does want a relationship, but he use to always get into relationships. Its a common thing for him to do, but he's told me he never wants to get married or have children, etc. As for me I've told myself the next relationship I have is going to be my last, I kinda feel like if I'm ready for marriage etc. The dating scene gets old. I do not sleep around so it's nice to just be with him, But he seems to view relationships as a hobby of the month. I do not waslnt to get caught up with him, when it seems he's just in it for the moment. Also, he has done things that are inconsiderate and hurtful, but he has justified by saying if I would be his girlfriend... Meanwhile we're being together cuddling, sex, holding hands etc. And I'm trying to convince myself to just view it as meaningless sex. Should I just walk away?

• Stay
  • Walk away

Most Helpful Guy

• Logically I think you already know he isn't compatible with the lifestyle you want. The problem is that you are so attracted to the type of guy he is. Sounds like you are having the same problem a lot of women have. You are attracted to the kind of guy that isn't good relationship material. Women often get turned on by one type of guy, but have to marry a different type of guy that she isn't attracted to if she wants a relationship.

You claim you want to settle down, but are still chasing after bad boys that don't want to settle down. I don't know if there is a way to change the type of person you are attracted to, but I think that is what you will need to do if you want to be happy.

What Guys Said 7

• if he doesn't want anything long term and you do then there is no reason to be with him

• If that's something you want, children and getting married, then you shouldn't stay with him. I know plenty of people are hoping that their partner will eventually change their mind, but in the end that really hardly happens. Having said that me and my SO both do not want kids nor do we want to get married, but I'm starting to warm up with the idea of getting married and plausibly having a kid someday

• Uh oh, that sounds like conflict is coming for you :/
      I hope she feels the same way as you and it works out

• Hopefully you asked this question and will follow the advice.

• now think about this lets say you get pregnant and he doesn't want kids and he decides hey look I'll pay child support but I won't be in the kids life,, which does happen, so thats a risk you're taking,

now marriage you don't need a license for it, trust me on this one they weren't around until the 1920s so common law marriage was acceptable, basically you and your partner agree too get married and have a ceremony with both families and there you are married, my advice dont get married under the state law

• Run away as fast as you can. Ladies deserve far better than this.

• If he does not want children leave

• If you see the dating scene as "getting old", you're dating for the wrong reason

What Girls Said 8

• If he doesn't want that and you do then there's no future

• If you want children you should walk away. If you don't then you should stay.

• you shouldn't if this guy doesn't want to get married, what is a relationship if you know there is no future of marriage

• Walk away …

• If you don't want that than walk away! I don't mind so I am cool with it!

• if you want either of those i would leave
    if you dont care then stay
    marriage =/= love (marriage does NOT equal love, just because you marry someone doesn't mean you will stay commited, hence so many divorces. marriage is just a piece of paper)

• If you want marriage and/or children then you would be better off finding someone who also did. You won't be able to change who he is or what he wants in life and will likely be hurt.

• Your situation sounds similar to the situation that this guy I was seeing is in, with his new girl. He began seeing her after he and I were seeing each other and he wanted me to cheat with him, while he was with her. Now, as much as I don't love imagining him with this girl and I don't like her for taking Dan from me, I would tell her not to waste her time with him because he's so comfortable with casual sex. And, I think that you should be cautious, as well...