Girls, When a girl said you don't have to get me anything is it true?

Like if a girlfriend or a wife said you don't have to get a gift dose she really mean it.

I wish a girl would make a girl talk dictonary for men :p

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on the context i would think. If a guy is whining about the holiday, like bitching about hallmark holidays that are money grabs and how stupid they are.. she might be saying it in a "whatever" kind of way. If the guys going through financial shit she prob means it and doesn't want to make him feel obligated when he can't afford it. Or, maybe she's trying to be polite and doesn't want to look grubby wanting a gift, but deep down wants one. Who knows haha I would only say that if I knew a guy was struggling and couldn't afford it, I wouldn't want to put pressure on him. Otherwise I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. I think nullifying a gift doesn't mean you nullify the holiday. Like if it's her birthday and she says no gift, she expects a card and a happy birthday.

What Girls Said 15

• Were you looking at expensive things?

If you were looking at expensive things, LET ME TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT THAT MEANS.

It means:
    "Actually, I would love something like this. But, my tastes in this field are impossibly specific, and you know nothing about this stuff at all, so there is a 100.000 percent chance that your gift would be a really expensive fuck-up. Then I would have to smile politely and eat the awkwardness, since I actually like you a lot, and I probably wouldn't even be able to return the item."

That's what it means. If you were looking at, or talking about, expensive things.

If not, then, I can probably translate for you, but you are gna have to tell me what the context was.

• ...

Take her to dinner.

• It could be or could be a lie!

• Hmm essentially yes however I wouldn't risk it.

• I usually mean it. Like it would be sweet if he did but its not like i expect something in return

• Some type of women do yeah, but most of all NO!! It;s like asking if they want food when they are hungry but say no to not look greedy.

• Depends on the girl to be honest. Some don't mean it, others do

• its a lie if you dont get her anyhting she will cry or get agressive with you or both you just never know

• She means you dont really have to get something expensive but get her something thoughtful anyways to show that you care. Her heart will melt. :)

• Sometimes, but you should always do something like take her out or buy her a gift, no matter what the female says

• No No it means buy me jewelery doofus

• I don't know about other girls, but I mean it. Well, I don't really like getting presents anyway.

• it depends on the girl

but it could be that she means it however she would be really happy if you got her something anyway

• "But you can give me if you want to"

• Hell yeah. I'm sorry but half of us girls speak our own language and by her telling you not to get to get anything for her literally means get me something. I mean you never really know not all girls are the same she might really mean it but just get her something