Do you prefer to date more shy or more outgoing individuals?

I notice a lot of people bring up the two about themselves often, but few people actually seem to ever mention a preference for either. I'm curious if it makes any real difference to you and why it would be better or worse to your relationship

• shy
  • out going

Most Helpful Guy

• I definitely prefer outgoing individuals just cuz I'm more quite and shy so the mix works for me

• I'm shy and quiet too. I've only dated outgoing guys, I think I'd prefer someone more like myself next time.

• Yea I kinda figured u were for asking lol but that's good actually kinda seems more reasonable now more someone on our level unknow

Most Helpful Girl

• Shy. Shy guys are usually awkward but really sweet and like to take things slow. My guy friend who I like is shy and he's such a sweetheart. I've also heard other girls say the same about shy guys

What Guys Said 13

• I consider myself outgoing and I like both types... but I prefer more outgoing girls, because it's really easy to start and keep a conversation going.

With shy girls, when you're getting to know them I notice the answers they give are really brief, which makes me think that they're not having fun or are not interested. However, once they're more comfortable then I barely even notice that they're shy at that point lol

• "out going" Cuz I like em wild (random) and in my face.

• I am out going. I like both actually. Something about a shy girl that is kinda sexy lol. Outgoing girls we would have fun.

• I used to want shy, but i would rather date outgoing now i think.

• what changed your mind?

• Well I suppose just dealing with issues came easier to those who were outgoing. The shy ones didn't really know how to deal with the issues. I suppose it could just be the person but I want someone who amplifies my already outgoing personality. I would rather be a team than a parent if you know what i mean at least

• Hard for me to choose. I'm shy, but I am willing to break out of my shell if I really like a girl.

• I'm pretty shy myself. I'd like someone who'd help me coax me out of my shell.

• I like shy girls they're cute

• shy people suck... so no to them..

• Neither really. I don't consider either as a preference to date someone. Anything works, as long as we build rapport.

• Can do both but I'd pick outgoing. I don't mind when a girl takes me out or character sometimes. I actually like it :P

• I prefer shy girls. They are often quite relaxed and intellectual.

• yup, the smarter one are usually quieter. which is funny when you really think about it. the dumb ones usually talk too much. mostly nonsense.

• There is a popular quote by Plato that I like that suits this well.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”

Not to say that being quiet means you are smart or being noisy means you are dumb.
      It does often fit though it seems.

• I'm too shy, that's why I prefer outgoing & assertive girls ;)

• a person can be shy and assertive

• look up the difference between being passive, assertive, and aggressive. I think you're confused what those words actually mean.

• I know the meaning of these words but I simply never met shy and assertive person. Most of the shy people are passive and submissive (including myself).

• Currently having this issue. I'm attracted to the girl physically but she's might be way too shy for me.

What Girls Said 10

• I used to think I only like outgoing guys because I'm shy and it compliments my disposition but I had the biggest crush on a shy guy a year ago and have re-thought my stance. Thinking about it, two of my best friends are fairly quiet and reserved so I think either works fine for me. It's more what we have in common and attraction.

• I am a very out going person so I'd prefer to date someone who is just as out going as me. It can be a lot more fun, adventurous, and bring new experiences. It also has cons as well as pros but so does dating someone shy.

• Shy guys can be cute a hell. I'm outgoing so their shyness doesn't bother me. But I can scare them away if I'm too outgoing too fast.

Outgoing guys are easy to talk to. It SO MUCH EASIER when they're straightforward.

I don't have a preference as long as I like the guy tbh.

• I prefer to date more outgoing people. I am very outgoing and I need someone who can at the very least keep up with me in social settings or even better, be able to hold their own.

• It doesn't matter to me.. Because it takes an outgoing person to have a shy person break out their shell. It also takes a outgoing person to know when to cool off when around a shy person.

So opposite attraction attract and i don't find it interesting being with someone who is just like me. I like the mystery and i would like knowing why that person is so shy or so out going.

One of the guys i used to be involved with knew i was so shy/anxious person. When he hug me i would shake etc. But over time his outgoing personality got me out of it.

• It all depends on the person.. Because you can date either a shy or outgoing person and they end up being not so compatible.

• opposites attract.. sometimes, but that doesn't mean either will help each other out. some people are set in their ways, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• Shy. If they just had the courage to ask me out they'd be perfect. It's like the one drawback to all the guys I've been attracted to is that they were too afraid to approach. Unfortunately the guys who have no problems approaching me aren't anything what I look for in a guy.

• I like a confidant guy. I'm very out going and if a guy can't keep up then he isn't the one for me.

• Outgoing for sure!

• I prefer more out going people. To me they appear more friendly and welcoming.

• wait, how do they seem friendlier?

• Outgoing people are more likely to approach you which is friendly. They generally greet you with enthusiasm. They seem happy to see you.
      It's the opposite in the case of shy people. I don't like a plain and emotionless "hi".

• in my experience, awkward/shy men are much nicer/more respectful than outgoing guys when approaching.

• I am shy...
    And i always happen to date outgoing guys, but with sensetive guys, most of them have their diares and we like same music, so they r outgoing, but deep inside they r shy a little...

• so, they're a little of both

• yeh both...
      too outgoing guys, who have no shyness in themselves simply can't understand me and via versa